As a PHP developer, there are certain problems you’re almost guaranteed to face. Generating charts and graphs, converting HTML documents to PDF format PHP is equipped to handle all of these, but coming up with the best implementation can be tricky! Now, instead of trawling through message boards and mailing lists for the answer, you can just crack open The PHP Anthology!
The PHP Anthology is a complete reference guide for any PHP developer --hobbyist or professional-- to help you write better, faster and more secure code that solves common problems. The author, Harry Fuecks, has compiled over 100 best-practice solutions that any developer will find invaluable when building content management systems, intranets, shopping carts or anything else.
The first book in The PHP Anthology will show you how to:
- write truly portable code
- work with PHP’s Object Oriented Programming (OOP) features, without a computer science degree
- utilize MySQL’s little-known "FULLTEXT" search facility, repair MySQL tables, backup your database and avoid SQL injection attacks
- fetch files over a network using PHP’s FTP features, create zipped archives and gain access to the local file system
- validate and filter user submitted content, and avoid cross-site scripting hacks
- learn how to produce professional charts and graphs, and create thumbnails and watermark images
- send email using PHP, including HTML email with attachments and embedded images
- create search engine friendly URLs so your sites can get spidered
- create professional error handling routines