Latest Postings
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9707 - 10/30/05 09:02 AM email received with no sender or message
Joined: Sep 2005
Testing Offline
UGN Member
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Sacramento, CA
Lately I have been receiving messages with no sender, no subject or message. Purely blank. My thought is its from an email validator from some spammer confirming my email is valid. However I don't know much about email at all and this is just a guess. Its been happening a few times over the last few days so I'm getting a tad peeved over it.
Any thoughts?

Flipping houses in Sacramento market has been fantastic. Curious about what it takes to flip houses? Follow me at http://sacramentoflips.com.
Top
#9708 - 10/30/05 09:31 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Mar 2002
Infinite Offline
UGN Elite Poster
Infinite Offline
UGN Elite Poster

Joined: Mar 2002
Canada eh
Look at the headers

Top
#9709 - 10/30/05 09:46 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Sep 2005
Testing Offline
UGN Member
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Sacramento, CA
Todays last one,
Code:
October 29, 2005 6:32:07 PM PDT
Code:
the one before

October 28, 2005 3:29:54 PM PDT
So Im thinking its a spam thing. Since my email is loanbanker. The second one was loanranger, the last one was loanassist.I just dont know why its comming accross as blank.

#9710 - 10/30/05 10:18 PM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Mar 2002
sinetific Offline
nobody
sinetific Offline
nobody

Joined: Mar 2002
Ann Arbor
Maybe whatever was in it maillennium stripped out. I personally use a clamav + spamassassin milter on all my clients mail. I know there is a message to just remove any possible virus. That might be the case. The message might have just been a worm, your filter stripped the worm out, and sent you what was left, nothing.

Top
#9711 - 10/31/05 12:11 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Sep 2005
Testing Offline
UGN Member
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Sacramento, CA
Well that would make sense. Its just the recent frequency of it. I just got 2 more this morning. Went from never to happening all the time.

#9712 - 10/31/05 11:43 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Feb 2002
Gremelin Offline
Community Owner
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Joined: Feb 2002
Portland, OR; USA
I get spam all the time; most their scripts have fucked up (recieving %%firstname%% %%lastname%% is common); it's not a suprise you'll recieve some with no message/subject

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner
Top
#9713 - 10/31/05 09:00 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Sep 2005
Testing Offline
UGN Member
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Sacramento, CA
Ok, cool. Tis the fist I have ever gotten spam like this is all.

#9714 - 11/02/05 12:24 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Sep 2005
Testing Offline
UGN Member
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Sacramento, CA
its now increased to more then 5 per day. From nothing to 5 per day. Now getting upset. Have called ISP and of course there as dumb as I am about the issue. No help there.

its really a pain in the butt cause I have the emails forwarded to my blackberry. Bad enough to get junk spam but when theres absolutely nothing there at all,, then it really gets on my nerves!

#9715 - 11/02/05 04:10 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Feb 2002
Gremelin Offline
Community Owner
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Joined: Feb 2002
Portland, OR; USA
get a new email address? lol...

#9716 - 11/02/05 07:17 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Sep 2005
Testing Offline
UGN Member
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Joined: Sep 2005
Sacramento, CA
Yeah, Its a possible solution. However since its a primary email address I use for my work its more of a hassle then simply sending a few updates to friends etc.

Its happening so frequently its pissin me off. I wish I could at the very least block the email comming from the IP's but comcast is beyond lame and that option probably isnt even thought of yet let alone a choice.

#9717 - 11/02/05 07:54 AM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Feb 2002
Gremelin Offline
Community Owner
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Joined: Feb 2002
Portland, OR; USA
[email protected] lol...

I however use:
http://www.digiportal.com/

#9718 - 11/02/05 10:40 PM Re: email received with no sender or message
Joined: Nov 2005
Yugami Offline
Junior Member
Yugami Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Nov 2005
Stockton, CA
You aren't alone. I have just recently started getting SEVERAL of these messages a day on my comcast e-mail. I have not done anything fishy with this email, infact, I use my yahoo email for all registrations and my comcast email only for personal affairs and certain registrations where I am spending money.

So it doesn't make sense to me that the email I am more careful with gets more spam than emails I'm less careful with. I'm also wondering why both of us just started getting all this blank email spam with our comcast email address at the same time. I have been getting quite a bit of other spam with this email address and am about at the point where I'll just dump it completely and use my gmail for main emails...

I can post my headers too if you're curious. I'm not at my computer right now so don't have access to them...Although I could probably check the email online and there will be about 10 new ones, however, I'm too lazy to try to figure out how to get all that information through the online mail interface.

Top

Member Spotlight
Gremelin

Gremelin
Portland, OR; USA
Joined: February 2002
Show All Member Profiles
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics45,744
Posts80,912
Members2,157
Most Online1,567
Apr 25th, 2010
Top Posters(All Time)
UGN Security 38,908
Gremelin 7,194
§intå× 3,255
SilentRage 1,273
Ice 1,146
pergesu 1,136
Infinite 1,041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Herbert_Sherbert, codemauve, Lillysdragon1984, Brewwit, boa
2157 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 0 guests and 3 spiders.
Latest News