Your browser does not seem to support CSS. If images appear below, please disregard them.
It appears that you're running an Ad-Blocker. This site is monetized by Advertising and by User Donations; we ask that if you find this site helpful that you whitelist us in your Ad-Blocker, or make a Donation to help aid in operating costs.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#11860 - 07/01/02 05:52 PM could they be listening?  
Deviation187 Offline
Deviation187  Offline

L.A Cal.
So I find myself talking on the phone once in a while when the phone starts getting a lot of static, followed by a ring tone and dialing, and a ring...

at this point the person i am talking to cannot hear me but we can hear a conversation on the phone, sometimes clear, and sometimes not,though they cannot hear us at this point, but we can hear other peoples conversations, i can end it all by a press of the chanell button but its fun listening in sometimes, but i wonder, is this JUST because of the channel, and can THEY be listening too sometimes, im guessing they can,

this post is mainly to share a story, and to get some info on why this happens. but yeah i guess its the channel but it happens often, sometimes it gets annoying

"Hmm, they have the internet on computers now." - Homer Simpson
http://wired.promodtecnologies.com/
Sponsored Links
#11861 - 07/01/02 06:00 PM Re: could they be listening?  
Moffesto Offline
UGN Supporter
Moffesto  Offline
UGN Supporter

Kuntucky
i dont think there would b any real reason to spy on you... not that you couldnt do something bad or threaten someones life.... but, might just b a shitty phone . However... if u have an old cordless phone.... you can pick the frequencies up on police scanners and listen to convos... i used to do it back in the day until 900mhz phones became popular... i guess my scanner cant handle that high of a frequency.

2 people can keep a secret as long as one is dead
#11862 - 07/10/02 04:51 AM Re: could they be listening?  
Curse Offline
Enforcement Admin
Curse  Offline
Enforcement Admin

San Andreas
Deviation, you must have an old cordless phone and live in a highly populated area, and yes, if you can hear people sometimes, then people can hear you, the people you are hearing may not be able to hear you, but someone else may be able to... So buy one of those 1 Ghz phones or whatever, they cannot be listened in on...
Oh yeah, once when I was a little kid I was playing with my walkie-talkies that ran on 49 MGHz. Well, I was able to pick up my friend's mother's conversation she was having on her cordless phone in here house 20 feet away, but she could not hear me...

#11863 - 07/10/02 07:02 AM Re: could they be listening?  
Deviation187 Offline
Deviation187  Offline

L.A Cal.
OH yeah i used to do that with walkie talkies.. I still have them but if they werent so abused and messed up id still use them, just for fun once in a while

"Hmm, they have the internet on computers now." - Homer Simpson
http://wired.promodtecnologies.com/

Member Spotlight
Gremelin
Gremelin
Portland, OR; USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics47,514
Posts82,684
Average Daily Posts8