Latest Postings
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2227 - 04/12/03 06:01 AM Need help connecting to computers remotely
Joined: Apr 2003
xmattoxx Offline
Junior Member
xmattoxx Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Apr 2003
hey guys.. i have real vnc and i can connect to all my computers that actually have real vnc installed on them.. is there any programs that anyone knows of that you can connect to a computer by IP address alone and DO NOT need to physically install the program to connect to the computer.. also.. how do i figure out someone's IP address based on their email address or say aol im address.. do i have to "connect" to them by accepting the request say if i wanted to send a pic or something then type netstat -p tcp to figure out their ip address.. any and all help is greatly appricated thanks guys

Top
#2228 - 04/12/03 06:20 AM Re: Need help connecting to computers remotely
Joined: Oct 2002
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Joined: Oct 2002
Merrill, IA, USA
Both linux and windows have ways to allow remote control installed with the operating system. However, AFAIK, only XP has it installed by default. You can use remote desktop. Windows 2000 has a service you can install called Terminal Services and does pretty much the same thing. You can download the terminal services client from microsoft which will connect to remotedesktop and terminal services. If can also be installed as a convenient web activeX I believe.

And as for email, view FULL HEADERS and they should have a field for ORIGIN IP or something similar to that, which will show the individuals IP address.

Top
#2229 - 04/12/03 06:27 AM Re: Need help connecting to computers remotely
Joined: Apr 2003
xmattoxx Offline
Junior Member
xmattoxx Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Apr 2003
thanks man.. is there any other programs out there.. besides the default ones for xp and 2000.. cause what if the computer i want to connect to doesnt have xp or 2000 or doesnt have them installed..

Top
#2230 - 04/12/03 11:11 AM Re: Need help connecting to computers remotely
Joined: Mar 2002
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Joined: Mar 2002
OH, USA
the ORIGIN IP field that jonconley speaks of must not be common cause I've never seen it before. However, there are RECIEVED fields that are found in all emails. The only problem is that sometimes the first RECIEVED field does not contain the originators IP, but the originator mail services IP. When I say 'first' I actually mean the LAST occurance of RECIEVED.

Example 1:

Recieved: from (HELO ) () by with ;

Example 2 (multiple fields):