OP Offline
Community Owner
You're a [censored] idiot.

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner
#23910 06/21/04 05:33 PM
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
stfu chazman if u can't even log in then u shouldnt even be using it....

hey guys i got 6 invites any non moron takers....

#23911 06/21/04 05:36 PM
dont be like that
when i register it was a glitch he said
and i have to re register
omg u guys are meen losers
and i am not a moron i twas there fault

#23912 06/21/04 05:38 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
chazman banned. you annoying twit.

#23913 06/21/04 07:38 PM
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
I still have not seen the invite link.. *Shrugs* Now I have run into something odd. At work I can log into gmail all day. At home I keep getting Page can't be dissplayed.

I have tryed with Mozilla, IE 6.0 Opera, Fox Fire. Same results in each. I am starting to wonder if there might be some ISP issue on my side. The URL says something about grabbing cookie. But I have yet to login at home.

#23914 06/21/04 07:42 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
You don't alwasy see the invite link. after you've used it for like a few weeks (actively) theil give you so many invites; once you use 'em all it'll disspaer again.

Odd issue however lol

#23915 06/21/04 08:10 PM
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
I have yet to see the invite link. lol

#23916 06/22/04 08:07 PM
Haha.. This is great, people REALLY want GMail.. :p Why do people want it so bad? I mean, 1 Gig isn't that great. You can download any emails you want to keep THAT bad :p

Those who say do not know.
Those who know do not say.
#23917 06/22/04 08:15 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
The point is, if you have your mail dl'd to your PC; their on your pc... If you're somewhere else your files are still on your PC... VS 1gb storage it's always there when youneed it...

#23918 06/22/04 09:10 PM
P
P
I've been following this thread now for a few days and OMFG why do people have to beg for an email account? Damn damn how low can you go. And what is so special about gmail? email from google? the 1gb diskspace? messages being stored on the server? geez, get yourself some decent ISP that has IMAP support, you won't get yourself 1gb of harddisk space, so just keep the most important stuff online. but hey if you want to have a backup of all your mail, you can do it always yourself. what does a CDR cost nowdays?
but i understand it completly 99.99% of all people are just lazy or just like to brag about the most lame excuse they might come up with. "hey look at me, look how 'l33t' i am with my gmail addy".

Never argue with fools... They will only drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience...
#23919 06/22/04 09:15 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
Actually, myself I'd much rather upload and store an ISO on googles server and transfer it to a friends gmail account and let them download it and have it ready for me when i go to their house (or for online support) than have to worry about finding where the hell my CDR's went off to then have to find the CDRW drive (laptop; usually have the floppy in)...

GMail does provide a large conveniance for it's users in my work market. Also their email service is about 300x faster than yahoo...

Get this; yahoo has gmail invites in their spam list so if you are invited by a friend, it's sent to your bulkmail folder lol

#23920 06/22/04 09:38 PM
P
P
Hmm using gmail for storing warez tsk tsk tsk
And don't come with the excuse 'i need it to upload my linux iso' cause all open source ISO's are stored on public FTP's with some pretty fast lines connected to it. And i can't help it that your place is a mess with all those 100's of warezed cds lying around.

and yes that might be the case for yahoo as well, there have been reports of hotmail getting rid of gmail inventations as well.

Never argue with fools... They will only drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience...
#23921 06/22/04 09:46 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
Since when is Knoppix warez? Not all ISO's are warez lil preddy... Ever try to explain to a linux newb who's box you just built who knows absolutely nothing about pc's how to download in linux using a command line? Exactly.

#23922 06/22/04 09:51 PM
P
P
If he only has command line, how are you gonna tell him to download that ISO, with lynx?

#23923 06/22/04 10:17 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
You can download attachments from emails with Lynx.

#23924 06/23/04 08:22 AM
P
P
I know you can, but my point is command line still is command line. So hardly any difference in explaining that to someone. You just need to give some more commands with ftp. so there really is no point in storing ISO's on a gmail account.

And i'm not sure about this but i don't think google isn't going to allow this as well. (I might be wrong with this one)

#23925 06/29/04 06:34 PM
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
chem lol, they have fine prepaid Internet it seems too lol elite. I now have..a..gmail:X I'm taking time to work on domain stuff, art stuff, email stuff. organizing my net self very slowly. as I have a crap computer, and doing all this will take some time. infi lol, you got served:D :X It's good too, learning is the [censored]. I'm glad I had someone tell me about gmail before I was all *grunt grunt�howl* territorial about it:) H/P/V/A/C are paranoid bro, we all know this, and we're all chill. so it's all good. I've yet to see but a few small skermishes on ugn bbs, and a lot of the big ones were before my time. Good ppl here. Gizmo is majorly right I know this, I'm needing to look into gmail's mail forwarding options heh. I have an account that is a imap that stores 100megs free, and I pull like 10 emails to that one email. Heh...needless to say now...I have like 15 email aliases. Gizmo...has LOTS, like you know that dumb, and dumber thing...A LA. It's A HELLA LA. Like gizmo, and his email lol. I don't see how he even had time to have sex, or get married, or how he works two jobs/gets paid like a pwner. Ppl gotta respect the moguai for jedi skills.

Rapture is very informative, and right I liked that writing a lot. Businesses are now learning after the dot com crash, and the dollar being so low, and war etc. That they can't keep doing [censored] like before. you have voice over ip, you have skype, you have all kinds of [censored] moving on the telephony base. then you have wireless Internet for cheap, and some free nodes. free nodes are growing. lest we forget long ago. because a time may come when the use for a person of h/p/v/a/c quality may be VERY lessoned. Anarchy is always needed to combat big brother like [censored], cracking for encryption is nice. But other the REAL REAL�boredom...I dunno, things are a change. I'm sure we'll all adapt, and new races will do more. But our generation...is seeing a big change that I doubt ppl are noticing to closely.

google will allow whatever the [censored] ppl want, because they want to whore out their systems. thusly why they are doing this, to attract even more ppl. They can do it, so they do. Pred dunno what goa'uld crawled up your but, but in console I'd rather download a iso via pine to a dir, IF I WAS A NEWB. Ftp command use, lynx, and etc are difficult for first time or every normal newb linux users. As to the uses, giz is explaining it's not just for use for email, because you challenged him, he brought up an example of which there are many. Storage of other things is just another way to use what they are giving away freely.

Me I love it, I get like 30 megs of spam when I'm away for a few days. I get hundred over weeks. so um...I'd rather that be on one email account from my many email aliases(OF WHICH YES I USE, I don't like aggressive questioning, neither does giz. don't act like you don't file share, or use mp3s, or other wise do illegal activities. I'm not up for a fight, but you seem to be a tad late on the up take. Going back to infi blasting gmail, read the following 10 posts guy. It's pretty damn cool. Their user interface, support, their changing it once in a while, and will continue too. They do that based on what ppl like, want, and need.

I know giz gets like 10k emails like he said, and much more sometimes. So freakin to have that directed at one email, and go through it slowly, and not take up lots of time, to do so without worrying about bandwidth or space is nice. From giz being nice here, I've seen a couple pushy comments. If Gizmo had more time he'd be ending the discussion on his use, and gmail's usability for him fast. But as is he works, he needs his time, and he still finds time to get on the irc, on here, I'd have to say gizmo is one of the few ppl I know that many underestimate, and misunderstand. I know for sure that if he's upset, and has time to make that he'll deal with things in a certain way.

one, nice, two joking or serious mixed with joking, and three heh well...I think were both men of threes. if ppl don't get it after 3. Then it's like baseball, you can't really help someone, or teach them at that stage, because they don't want to be taught. From seeing all the posts here, I'd say your cool, as everyone else is, giz is chill sept that chaz dood, and um...people can't define things that are new, or amorphous easily. Gmail is new, and amorphous. I don't think that when UGN was brought online back in 95 was it? [censored] I dunno I wasn't here then. That it would become so large before, and after giz admined it. *shrug* we all know the past owner is a cool cat. It's obvious that gmail is of valid use, and thus is not lame like said hotmail. Only time will tell.

I would not like to discuss the inner depths of any topics but to chill on some peace, and q/a. debate, and such isn't really my off-topic thang. But I felt the need to add this to my post as you apparently are maybe like grouchy? laugh dood your in Belgium, I thought Europeans had sex more then us?=] why all grouchy, marx?;P

pls again to not be flaming, or whatever, I've been considerate, and calm/nice in my mood. If it's not obvious. I spent a bit of time writing this, instead of mowing the lawn which I'm going to do now. I live on the side of a mountain. But nitpicking appart statements is why this is longer, because I want to make some very obvious things evident to everyone here. respect, and knowledge are key in communication, and being a part of a system. End rant.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
#23926 06/30/04 07:46 AM
Ntd Offline
poor chazman... he never got his gmail account. Oh well. Did you really have to ban him?

#23927 07/01/04 01:02 AM
C
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
C
This just in,

Hotmail is upgrading to 250MB of storage, plus the ability to send 10MB attachments. This is for the free accounts.

The people that paid money for more storage get a free upgrade to 2GB of storage, plus the ability to send 20MB attachments.

Quote:

Dear MSN� Hotmail� Member:

As a valued MSN Hotmail Member, we want you to know that there are some exciting changes coming soon to your account that will help you do more, receive more and store more than ever before. And it's FREE.

That's not all. We're rolling out email antivirus protection as well as enhanced storage to help meet your growing needs. This will make MSN Hotmail, a world class email service that both scans and cleans ingoing and outgoing email for viruses and worms before they enter your inbox.

In addition to delivering world-class antivirus protection, you can also look forward to an upgrade in your storage capacity. In fact, you'll receive 125 times your current email storage with the introduction of a 250 MB inbox as well as the ability to send attachments up to 10 MB.

We'd like to thank you for being a valued MSN Hotmail Member and look forward to telling you about more exciting changes to your Hotmail account in the coming months.

We will send an update on when and how these exciting changes will be made to your account within two weeks. Please check your email for this important update.

Thank you, and enjoy the good news.

MSN Hotmail Member Services
And for the paying customers:
Quote:

As a valued MSN Hotmail Extra Storage subscriber; we will be upgrading your storage capacity to a massive 2GB with 20MB attachment size at no extra cost to you*!

These changes will be happening this summer as we upgrade you to our improved service, MSN Hotmail Plus. MSN Hotmail Plus will not only give you greater space for photos, music, movie clips but a more streamlined web e-mail experience with no graphical advertisements.

C++ Should Have Been Called "D"
#23928 07/01/04 12:52 PM
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Bit late Chem... heh

http://www.UnderGroundNews.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/27/828.html

Yea, but google still gets my vote. Hotmail, Yahoo, anywho, They are all upgrading service now. That tells me they could have for sometime now. We have been getting ripped off. Google comes out honest clean slate approach and says, "hmmmm, ya know we could give them a gig." No all the other guys are playing catch up. [censored] them. Hotmail is awful. Thier spam filters suck, They close out account flooded with spam or not touched in 30 days. Yahoo is a little better but still,

Gamil lets me make myown filters for spam. Gave me 1 gig for free. Hotmail is still only offering 1/4 of that for free.

#23929 07/01/04 06:46 PM
P
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
P
I haven't used my gmail account at all. And way to go, Hotmail, upgrading to 250 megs just 3 weeks after I delete hundreds of emails. [censored].

#23930 07/01/04 07:38 PM
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
exactly what I am talking about. For years now the game was delete emails you want to keep or the email service provider would do it for you. That little red bar on hotmail should piss everyone off now. Screw them, go gmail.

#23931 09/27/04 05:31 AM
G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
Man, i got 10 more invites left. I'll sell them to anyone for a $2.00 Donation to UGN.

#23932 09/27/04 09:24 PM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
ehhhh G-Mail isnt that Great.
I dont like the fact that google keeps all your e-mails in a "Database for safe keeping just incase u loose ur password so they can retrieve it"

Or something like that, its in the google Terms and Service Agreement.

Good artists copy, great artists
steal.

-Picasso
#23933 09/27/04 09:47 PM
G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
Don't tell them! They wont buy from me!

#23934 09/27/04 11:26 PM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
lol :] I think alot of people have G-mail all ready.
But thats for a good cause, $2 toward supporting UGN.

steal.

-Picasso
#23935 09/28/04 01:08 AM
G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
True, but i still bet there are people out there wishing they had an invite. Some who would even pay 2 bucks for one smile

#23936 09/28/04 10:51 PM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
Quote:
but i still bet there are people out there wishing they had an invite. Some who would even pay 2 bucks for one
Guess thats true, there being sold on ebay like crazy for like 2 bucks lol :]

steal.

-Picasso
#23937 09/29/04 07:20 AM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
Lol $2 an invite, that'll bairley cover paypal fees; hence my $5/invite offer lol..

#23938 09/29/04 08:46 PM
G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
At least you know people will buy them :p

#23939 09/29/04 09:23 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
Someday lol... but offering $2 paypal for one man? that'll cover like fees + like $1 lol

#23940 10/10/04 02:47 PM
C
C
i have 23 invites to give a way any one want one

#23941 10/10/04 03:04 PM
*jumps up and down*

Me! Pick me!

Please.

[email protected]

Thank you.

Screwing a system near you.
#23942 10/10/04 03:22 PM
C
C
what will u give me for it

#23943 10/10/04 07:27 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
rofl.. note, this thread was a (non working) attempt at actually generating donations for the site.

#23944 10/12/04 12:23 PM
I have nothing to give cuz I have nothing. I'm just a kid in high school! I'm only 17. Honestly, I already have gmail. However, my younger brother does not. (if you can believe that) And he's been getting on my case about it and really wants it. So, if you're looking for something is return, I'm sorry.But I'll just keep looking and hopefully I can find someone else.
Thanks anyway.

Gizmo, if I could, I would donate. But part time jobs only get you so far. Mine just gives me enough gas to get school. (sometimes, I have enough to buy a cute little air freshener for it too!) Anyway, when I turn of the right age. I will donate. You can be sure of that!

#23945 10/12/04 11:31 PM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
Lol, $5 is like a drop in the [censored] bucket, you could get it by asking for bus fare in 10 minutes man... plus you say you have a part time job so once agian i doubt that you cna't spare $5 for donating to a site that you frequent.

#23946 10/13/04 03:31 AM
There is absolutely no need to bring me back to reality.
One day I'll be rich and successful, you'll see! You'll all see!
Heh..

Consider this: how much would you have if every member just donated $5, hm?

#23947 10/13/04 03:42 AM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
Quote:
Consider this: how much would you have if every member just donated $5, hm?
Problem is 80% of them dont wanna donate smirk
I try to donate when i can.. I know theres a few that donate alot and the staff that contributes..

Most users that arnt here all the time or arnt staff dont really give a rats [censored] if this place needs money smirk

steal.

-Picasso
#23948 10/13/04 05:32 AM
Community Owner
OP Offline
Community Owner
I wish everyone would donate $5, we'd never have to worry about money in the first place lol...

BTW,
3059 * $5 = $15,295

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics33,840
Posts68,858
Average Daily Posts1