: WinBackup 2.0 Professional Price
: $69.95 (Boxed: $79.95)Rating
(Formerly LiUtilities Inc)Description
The business backup solution that guarantees 100% reliability and superior performance, while minimizing total cost of ownership!
Small and medium sized businesses often find themselves in great difficulty when selecting a data protection solution. They find the most pressing challenge to be selecting backup software that is easy to deploy and use, that is reliable, and that excels in performance. At the same time, the solution should minimize costs and the overall burden on profits.
WinBackup 2.0 Professional drives business continuity to the next level for small and medium sized businesses.
Featuring a highly intuitive, exceptionally simple graphical user interface, WinBackup 2.0 allows users to run backups and restores at the click of a button. WinBackup 2.0 delivers complete data protection through a comprehensive and powerful set of enterprise-level features.
WinBackup 2.0 Professional is the most cost-effective backup solution available, allowing small and medium sized businesses to optimize their resources by choosing an exceedingly powerful backup and recovery management solution that is 100% reliable.
WinBackup 2.0 Professional is truly backup made easy!Review
I had pushed reviewing this software back a bit due to not having a need for a backup solution, it took a bit to find a machine that i would even want to install it on as my work machine is already bogged down; I soon decided to give it a go on a client's machine who was having me migrate data from her desktop to her reconditioned laptop.
The install was pretty painless and configuration was a complete breeze; I sat through the short Flash Tutorial and was soon off to making my first archive.
I figured that it'd be a waste to use a piece of software to do what I could normally do in WinRar for ultimately no cost; but I am a man of my word and agreed to do the review in the first place, which now I'm glad that I had the chance to prove myself wrong.
In about an hour I had archived a 3GB section of my clients drive, which included the standard "My Documents", "Application Data" and "Downloads" directories; even the "Fonts" and some specialty directories where archived. I had selected the option to compress the data as well as I had set it to create the archive to a remote file share (which normally I would not have done). Everything went through without a hitch, and went well faster than what WinRar would have done and in a better manner of archiving as I was able to archive numerous separate directories and was able to select just those directories (and sub directories) that I had wanted. I was quite happy that this had a great User Interface to go with it, as with many people I have been let down with some programs in the past that ended up looking like my 4 month old son had coded it...
If you're in the market for a backup solution and you have hefty requirements (backing up to a hard disk or any storage medium) in a secure manner from a solid piece of software I would definitely recommend Uniblue's WinBackup 2.0, you will not be let down. This title will be my #1 choice for answering the age old question "How should I backup my data?".
And for those of you worried about not being satisfied, you have nothing to loose... Uniblue includes a 30 day money back guarantee!The Good
- Great User Interface, it's intuitive and doesn't look cheaply made like the majority of software out there now lately.
- Ease of Use - This software is so easy to use it that I'm sure my grand mother would be able to use it with a minimal amount of assistance...
- A great Flash Tutorial on all the functions is included with this application.
- Security Settings - You can set 3 separate security settings to secure your backups, from small password protected to a "paranoia" setting (high security).
- One file to rule them all - Makes a compressed archive of all of the files you select to backup.
- Compression - You can compress your backup archive to save on space.
- Job Summary - Creates a job summary which displays all files that you have in the archive (or are putting into the archive).
- Status Tab - Both the restore and backup sections have a status tab which allows you to see an overview of where you're at on the backup and restore; also covers a percentage list of where you're at during the process.
- Took about an hour to backup 3GB data, including compression and security of the archive as well as storing the data over my network to a remote machine.
- Needs a restore option for "updated and missing files"
- Would like to see a backup option for backing up to FTP (and possibly an option to purge old backups.
- Would like to see a "Restore To" option for different locations for separate files/folders in archive.
I couldn't really find anything "bad" about this program, I could merely find some feature suggestions that aren't yet present. It took me a while to give this a shot since I wasn't in the need for a backup solution when I was approached to do a review. I'm quite happy that I had a chance to get a look at this software first hand, it's truly a necessity for anyone needing to backup their system to media or a file.
I can only hope that I will have the chance to review other software titles available from this company again in the future.