InfoPop has announced that they're looking for beta testers for the new version of the UBB (what has come to be known as UBB.NG (next generation)).

I've taken the plunge and submitted an application for UGN Security to become an official beta tester for UBB.NG when the private beta comes out...

This will mean that we will no longer be running any modifications to the stock code of the UBB (well major modifications) and we'll most likely have a popular bugs forum if accepted.

The private beta's will be the "bleeding edge" of what's being coded by InfoPop; I've had a chance to look at some of the screen shots as it's being coded and it's coming along quite nicely. The downside is that the board will pretty much be updated once a week (minimum) based on when new private beta's come out.

Note that any Final Versions or Public Betas can be modified... We will also have a "play" site for modification development here on UGN (seperate install).

I'm not sure how long it'll take to hear if we've been accepted or not but I'll be sure to let you all know.

If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this thread.

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner