[Linked Image]

At Oregon State Correctional Institution. Watching a flat screen television, Nicholas Krahmer in his cell.

TV's that are still envied materialist wanting of people on the outside.

A 7-inch set on airplanes. "But it beats the alternative, 'a night in the recreation room with about 150 other inmates who are prone to brawls over what to watch and where to sit'" says Krahmer.

The television policy comes from years of hard ship in finding ways to create good behavior among prisoners.

He bought the television with $300 he earned working in prison. He is paid a few dollars per day for computer drafting. Those who want this option have to have clean discipline records for the flat-screens.

Krahmer is serving 70 months at OSCI for assault with a knife, he's 27. He said, "I've worked for it. I've stayed clear of any sort of nonsense in the institution (which outside Salem). I've never seen an episode of Survivor. I'm eager to watch that. I want to see what my family watches."

Randy Geer, who admins the prisons' non-cash incentive programs, said "As far as I know, Oregon is the only state where felons have flat-screen TVs in their cells." 25 inmates have bought the flat screen TVs. They get basic cable, the same as the prison's public TV room.

Source

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"