Well, it's been a long week finishing off today's new update... I'd like to introduce you all to the new Articles system. This will eventually take over for the current (and past) Knowledge Base.

This new system allows for ANYONE to submit articles (although they must be approved by an admin before showing on the main site). It has a SE Friendly (and SEO) URLs system built in (not to mention a sitemap for search engines), so any content displayed (and approved) will be promptly crawled.

We've added content that we've been working on from the Back of the Web Forums (one of our sister projects) and, after I get some time away from coding, will be trolling the forums looking for items which need to be posted.

I've tried my best to make the new system 100% xHTML/CSS valid, but I'm having a little difficulties with the BBCode parser currently but that'll have to be worked on after I get to the other systems I'm brewing up.

I'm going to be working on an entirely new system for this next humpday, I'm sure you'll all enjoy it wink... It'll help clean up some sections on the forums and will again allow users to take charge in adding (or helping syndicate) content if they so choose to do so.

Until next week, have a good one smile.

UPDATE (7:44 AM): It's been a productive night... I have most of one of the new systems complete due to being able to re-use some major code from the articles system; however I still need time for data entry, the public submission page, and to bug check; but next week's update may contain more than one system at this rate...

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner