Print Thread
Rate Thread
#4742 09/01/05 03:25 AM
I
UGN Elite Poster
OP Offline
UGN Elite Poster
I
Are you kidding me? While the destruction is pretty awesome, how the hell can you even begin to compare 250000 dead to (currently) 120? I know it may be a little much to ask of the media, but can you please get a grip on reality?

UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
Why would they want to do that. Stretching the truth is how they get higher ratings and more sponsors. WHo cares if it isnt close to the truth as long as it has some truth in it.

Limy Jerks...

G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
...this is why my tv is always tuned to Dora the Explorer, I didn't even know there was a hurricane...I was too busy singing "we did it! we did it! we did it, hooray!"

boys lie.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
yeah... new orleans is gone...

Community Owner
Community Owner
Yeh, the dome is now a huge pool...

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
The death toll is expected to be in the thousands. Pluss if people keep doing [censored] like sniping people in hospitals it will get worse. You can expect to feel a finicial burden from this shortly. It is bad, I do not know if it is as bad as the Tsunami but it is more than a sensationalised story. It is truely anarcky down there. Gangs are forming and holding up people. Many who managed to survive held up in thier atic are having gangs roll up in boats, rob and rape. It will be years before the city recovers. You can bet the death toll is higher than 120. How high we many never know as there are bodies floating in the water.

It has been 3 days I think now. Soon that water will start to breed desease. Mosquitos will spread this fast. Look to hear about malaria if they do not get everyone out ASAP.

I
UGN Elite Poster
OP Offline
UGN Elite Poster
I
Don't get me wrong, this is a very bad event. And when I posted this the death toll was at 120, hence the (currently).

As for the sniping, lawlessness, gangs, etc... That doesn't count. Someplace in Asia is devastated and they band to gether to survive. Someplace in US devastated, people de-evolve and sink further into the Choas. This is called Darwinism people. I say rope off the city and let what will be be. Can you say "John Carpenter's Escape from New Orleans" ?

Community Owner
Community Owner
Quote:
Originally posted by �int��:
How high we many never know as there are bodies floating in the water.
It was a city UNDER the sea level... All of their cemetaries are crypts, you can't burry someone there... Theres going to be a lot more bodies than those who died in this disaster...

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
There's already reports of caskets floating around...

UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Yes there are reports of caskets floating, but it is common place to see bodies. The coast guard says as they fly to roof tops to save survivors there are more bodies than can be counted. Due to lack of water, food, medical attention people are dying in the areas where they are moved to.

I saw a story where a teen boy "stole" a school bus and was driving any one who wanted to get on out of the area. Of course cops arrested him. Lets see, food, water suvival. Not to mention no schools left to drive the [censored] too.

There will be many survivors dieing if relief and or evacuation doesn't move forward soon.

I saw President Bush got a card from China today... They feel real bad for what happened. Now every major desastor we send mucho money to help. I wonder who will send any now to us. lol yea right.

A
UGN Member
UGN Member
A
We are getting some grooling pictures (i think i just made up a word) of whats going on in New Orleans.
I saw massive destruction to the whole city and people breaking out from their houses through the roofs. The amount of people that are stuck in that city is crazy and now there were reports that people have started to pull out guns and shoot at choppers and paramedics that are trying to rescue people from the dome.
It is difficult to understand why the people in the boxing day disaster reacted so differently.
I even saw footage of police looting (if that is what they were doing).

UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
Also to think Bush took money away from fixing the levy down there to help fund the war... Thank you Mr President!

UGN Elite
UGN Elite
There are now confirmed reports of rapes inside the metrodome. They simpley do not have the resources to help all the people gathering in this area. It will get worse yet. It is kind of like the zombie movies. The sheer number is growing and it is getting scary.

Any time large groups of people gather who are starving, needing water and dying.... You will have out breakes of violence. It is a matter of survival down there. I heard a story today about a brother and sister. He shot her over a bag of ice. Shot her in the head.

They are dragging the dead and dying into corners of the metro-dome. There are about 30,000 people there alone inside This isn't counting all the people hanging around outside. There is no running water, trash is over flowing, toilets are of course out of order with no running water. Dead bodies in piles in the corner. Hear comes the illnesses and desease.

Rescue workers stoped boat rescues today saying FEMA ordered them to stop due to safety issues. Now FEMA says they didn't. But which is worse. Stranded on your roof, or in the metro-dome where gangs of thugs with guns rape your wife and daughters.

Home owners are shooting and killing people comeing near thier houses. When the national Guard DO arrive they will of course get some order there... But you can bet there will be gun battles.

A
UGN Member
UGN Member
A
Jesus christ what the [censored] is happeneing up there. Sounds like total chaos.
I am going to watch the news in half an hour and maybe get a better understanding of what the government is planning for as a relief effort in Louisiana.

UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
On Yahoo I read that Bush is going down there to take a look around. But from what I've seen and read, it's total chaos... frown

H
UGN Member
UGN Member
H
The Canadian Department of Defence is discussing the possiblities of send our DART (Disaster Assistance Response Team) and other members of the Canadian Forces down there to help, not sure what the finally decision will be, Im up for it though

Unless you try something to which you have not already succeeded ~ Then you shall NEVER grow
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
we need all the help we can get cause as the world can see america doesnt handle disaster all to well... smirk

UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Here is what I do not get...

These leveys that held the water back, they knew that one day a huricane could come up and wipe them out flooding the city. It was allways thought that they could use the metro-dome as a shelter for mass amounts of people. Did any one even attempt a plan to rush in food, water and medical supplies. I mean the huricane was on Monday. It is Friday and the Feds might get there today... How many people have dies that had supplies been available they would have lived.

How many infants have now died since they must be fed like every 4 hours. In 1999 I was in the U.S. Army and hurican mitch hit central and southern america. The next day I was on a CH-47 headed down there on a relief mission. I sat there for 4 months with thousands of other troops. Now they were able to cordinate flying over other countrys, getting permission from multiple governments to land and disspatch troops so that the next day things were in motion. But here in the US we can mobilize in 5 days time? Really, are we that full of middle men that it takes 5 days to respond to a disaster?

I have heard reports now that children have been raped and murdered. I think I will be sick frown

I do not know which is worse? Killing a child or letting them grow up with some of these images in thier memorey. There are whole families that now say they do not want to even be alive any more.

Personally I would walk my happy [censored] and family across that damn bridge. An average human walks 3 miles per hour at a casual stroll. In 7 hours that is 21 miles. It isn't like you have much else to do. Start walking at night to keep cool and sleep in shade during the day. Find a car [censored] it, steal it and drive as far away as you can. Then contact UGN and ask someone to build me a donate to my cause now, Return the car in the news for attention and get a job, money all that [censored], because everyone feels like you did it to save your family

UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
Looking at all that is happening makes me very thankful giz, trey, and i are in the pacific northwest. It's just so hard to believe that as a country the usa can help others faster than we can help ourselves. WTF is up with that?

Now you also have these gas station across the country going "OMG! We might run out of gas so lets stick it to everyone and charge then $6/gal." Way to go! Turn a profit on others misfortune... [censored]...

UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Two gas stations around me ran out today frown

The figures from Tripple A are off by a dollar or so for my area. They are about 1 dollar cheaper than anything I see in Washington D.C./Maryland area. What is really odd is there is a gas station by me run by some arabic/rag head people. They allways have the highest prices. Today they were about 70 cents cheaper than everywhere else...

UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
Since we're on the topic of gas now for those of you guys who drive in the USA and Canada this website will tell you who has the cheapest and most expensive prices in your area: GasBuddy

G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
Quote:
Originally posted by �int��:

I saw President Bush got a card from China today... They feel real bad for what happened. Now every major desastor we send mucho money to help. I wonder who will send any now to us. lol yea right.
I don't have time to properly respond to this thread right now, but I will later. In the meantime, learner, please read this article.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9161198/

People are offering to help, but Bush is having a shitty attitude about it. (big surprise) We need to learn not to be so PROUD, and take the help. This is why most people hate Americans, because everyone thinks we are arrogant assholes. Well, Bush is acting like one with his "we'll get through this ourselves" attitude.

boys lie.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
We'll help everyone else but wont let anyone do the same for us. I'm not proud so let others help. We NEED it!

Ya know it just poped into my mind the fact that when other countries do stuff it is 100% our business and we have to put our 2 cents in along with trying to take over but when [censored] happens here our government tells these same countries we dont want their help cause it's not of their buisiness.

Gotta love double standards...

A
UGN Member
UGN Member
A
I think its weird how we are going to give the states 10 million in aid when we gave Indonesia like 1 billion. The reason I find it wierd is because we gave so much money to a country that doesn't even like us yet we gave 1% of the same amount to the states when thier estimates are like 100 billion.
So unless we give more atleast you guys will know that Australia, (your ally in the pacific) paid 0.001%.
Also I think we as a country raised 100 million for the boxing day disaster. I'm pretty sure its going to be hard to raise that much for the states cause generally our opinion of americans is like what girlie said.
I also heard that when we wanted to send in a rescue team for our people in the city New Orleans, the white house knocked back the clearance we needed. So we had to set up a consulate some place far away in texas .

G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
Ok, now it's time for Girlie's [censored] session.

Since the beginning of this topic I decided to do a little bit of research, since for unknown reasons I am always interested in these horrible disasters.

After reading, now I'm pissed. Bush's response to this whole ordeal is sickening. I wonder why? Could it be because the people in New Orleans were/are mainly black, poor americans--not exactly Bush voters. I'm left to wonder if it were white rich Texans if they would have waited so long for help? Then when Bush finally does get around to getting off his [censored] instead of sending troops in with food, water, and medicine he sends them in with guns to shoot looters. Which is an entirely different thing in and of itself. Most of the pictures and things I've seen of "looters" are people surviving. These is a difference between looting and doing what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family. If it were me you can bet your [censored] I'd be breaking into a store to feed my children if that's what I had to do. You want to shoot the people that are stealing TV's and Rolex watches? Fine...shoot them. I think your efforts would be better placed rescuing the HUMANS off the rooftops, but hey what do I know. Shooting to kill the people that are going around raping people and attacking the vulnerable is a different story. Shoot them, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior no matter what.

Most everything I've read focuses around these people were told to evacuate. This comes down to being poor. The ones left behind are most likely the ones without much money. I know if I was told to evacuate or else I'd be in a world of hurt right now too. (especially with gas at nearly $4/Gallon) How are these people supposed to evacuate when many of them do not own a vehicle and don't have the money for a ticket out of town? Besides the fact Bush knew this was coming, and it took him how many days after to figure out what he was going to do about it? Russia was ready to send aide within 24 hours. (which Bush refused) Another country can take the proper steps to help us in a timely manner, but Bush can't...then he's going to refuse the help of someone else even though he's not prepared to do [censored]? WHO is he to refuse help? These are people's family members that are dying needlessly...why? because they didn't vote for our leader...that's why. He has no problems sending OUR money to other countries to help them, which don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with that, but when it comes time to help your own people are you going to turn your back on them? You know part of the reason for the war in Iraq was because Saddam was allowing people to die in south iraq, how is Bush any better? The survivors from the hurricane now have to try to survive the disease and famine because our [censored] president can't get off his [censored] and do something.

I'm also left to wonder where the local government is for this city? Remember 9/11 and how Guiliani kept the peace and consoled everyone, and acturally took ACTION. Where the [censored] is New Orlean's local government?

President Bush is to blame along with several other federal and local officials of our USA for the travisty that has happened to the Gulf Coast. We are the greatest Super Power in the world and supposedly have a whole military division that can drop out of the sky anywhere in the world within minutes of dispatch, and secure whole cities and some small countries in no time. Now we have a disaster at home, and our government waits days instead of hours after the storm to send in our military for support and aid. It's appauling. If we didn't have all our resources and money in another country maybe our response time would have been more accurate. It doesn't matter whether these people are Black, White, Yellow, or Purple. Hell, for that matter it doesn't matter if they're all Americans, what matters is that these suffering people are human beings on the soil of the greatest super power in the world, and we as that super power have failed them. I feel ashamed of our government. If we had been there in the hours after the devastation instead of days then the cities could have been evacuated and locked down and the thugs would have been twarted. Now we have let them get too far out of hand and they will most likely have to be killed in order to secure the other human beings that need to survive. If it takes us this long to respond to something we KNEW was coming how long will it take to respond to an attack which God forbid we had no warning of?

boys lie.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>
I
UGN Elite Poster
OP Offline
UGN Elite Poster
I
It still doesn't compare to the Tsunami. This is MINOR! Can you imagine what would be happening if NOLA was hit by something of that magnitude?

UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
It's the fact that even though this is small comaired to asia Bush is taking his sweet ol time with making decisions on what to do to help. When the tsunami hit he was in action within 24-48 hours. With Iraq he moved as fast has he possibly could. With our own country though... SLOWER THEN A [censored] TURTLE STUCK IN ITS BACK!!

I bet ya if terrorists were behind the disaster Bush would have been quick to move cause he would have someone else to blame. Now he only has himself.

I agree with Girlie, I am appalled with our government. We need help yet our dear president is too proud and too high and mighty and on a [censored] power trip to allow other countries to help us. What really pisses me off is because he's a "Christian" the christian people are turning a blind eye to what's happening and acting like Bush moved in on day one to help these people. They also seem to think only a handful a countries have offered help when we all know for damn sure well more than a handful have asked to help us.

MAYBE if Bush moved in faster to get those people out of the superdome then little girls and women wouldnt have been raped. MAYBE some of these old person's homes wouldnt be filled with dead people cause no one would help them. MAYBE we wouldnt be more concerned about looters taking tv's instead of helping families off their roofs. But we'll never know cause it took us longer to send relife help to our own contry compaired to others countries...

I
UGN Elite Poster
OP Offline
UGN Elite Poster
I
Quote:
I bet ya if terrorists were behind the disaster Bush would have been quick to move cause he would have someone else to blame. Now he only has himself.
It was the terrorist... They used their WMD on you... That's Weather of Mass Destrution folks wink

Quote:
MAYBE if Bush moved in faster to get those people out of the superdome then little girls and women wouldnt have been raped. MAYBE some of these old person's homes wouldnt be filled with dead people cause no one would help them. MAYBE we wouldnt be more concerned about looters taking tv's instead of helping families off their roofs. But we'll never know cause it took us longer to send relife help to our own contry compaired to others countries...
WARNING: Biased opinion forthcoming.

MAYBE if Americans as a whole weren't so [censored] stupid and un-evolved you could band together and overcome adversity instead of providing one of the worlds finest Darwinism experiments of all times. I bet psychologists the world over are completey facinated with this event. Seriously, who would ever allow it to happen "just cause".

WHAT THE [censored] ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH THAT TV WHEN THERE'S NO [censored] POWER!!!!

Imbeciles. The lot of them.

G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
It's a little unfair to blame everyone that resides in the entire country, and claim we are all stupid and un-evolved. As I said before, most of the "looters" weren't taking tv's...most of them were taking items neccesary for survival. There are a lot of people that immediately banned together to try and help the victims, no one was being allowed into the city...

Your big argument is this wasn't as bad as the Tsunami...there weren't as many deaths, but how can you compare which is worse. A loss of a human life is still a loss of a human life no matter how you look at it. My point is it is tragic that people who lived through the hurricane itself were then having to fight to survive the aftermath when OUR leader should have been in there getting them out. He is more concerned with giving charity to other countries then helping his fellow man. These are OUR people, charity starts at home. The fact of the matter is not only did he not give a [censored] because these people were poor blacks who most likely didn't vote for him, but he apparently didn't even have the resources to do something about it. Could it be because all of our funds are tied up and our troops are off fighting a war that HE started to begin with? Hmmm...I think so. It's hardly fair to blame all of the people, our government has failed them.

No, I'm not blaming you. The whole idea of it just pisses me off. These people were left for dead for 4 days because they weren't people who benefited him...and that's the only reason. They weren't one of his texan buddies, so he wasn't going to do anything about it. Not only that, but he refused the help of people who were. He is making budget cuts in our school systems, and our heathcare systems (among other things) to allow for more spending to fund the war that he started. WE are paying for his mistakes. Meanwhile, while our children (mine included) are going without healthcare coverage, he's building schools in Iraq. Nothing like telling your own people that you'd rather look good in front of other countries then take care of your own people. What ever happened to that whole "no child left behind" thing? Some of us know better... In order to obtain some help you either have to be

A) Dirt poor

or

B) not able to speak English

the middle man always gets screwed. smirk

boys lie.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
with budget cuts mandated by bush here in oregon if you're white you dont get help (food stamps, welfare, medicade) unless you really fight for it. but if you're a hispanic who speaks no english and you're no an american citizan or are illigal then you're automatically qualified for over $500 in food stamps, tons of monay in welfare, and free healthcare for has long as you dont have a job that offers it...

And those same budget cuts have basically destroyed a whole state...

G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
I'll tell you what, I never thought I'd say this, but I miss PA. Unless you don't speak English or are just plain white trash and plan to live off the system for the rest of your life you are SOL. When I went in to apply for medicaid the clerk at the desk thought I was a temp to fill in for the girl on maternity leave....that's how out of place I looked, apparenltly because I don't look like a complete scum bucket. Their advice to me btw was to sell my car that way I wouldn't have a car payment or insurance and I could afford to pay for health insurance....... can't pay for health insurance if I don't have a way to work, which is not within walking distance... Meanwhile, if you are "ESL" then you get everything handed to you no questions asked while they try to teach you how to speak English, and if you pretend to be too stupid to learn it after a year they give you SSI...

boys lie.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>
I
UGN Elite Poster
OP Offline
UGN Elite Poster
I
Quote:
Your big argument is this wasn't as bad as the Tsunami...there weren't as many deaths, but how can you compare which is worse. A loss of a human life is still a loss of a human life no matter how you look at it.
There was no where near the loss of life.
There wasn't as much damage done.
There wasn't as big an area affected.
There wasn't entire economies decimated.
It was somewhere that is easier accessable to aid faster (although you wouldn't know it).

Based on your statement an old man dying peacefully is the on the same scale as say the apocalypse. C'mon here. Loss if life is tragic no matter when, but this is loss of life somewhere on the order of 10 orders of magnitude greater.

You, like the media, need to get a grip on reality.

Remember, my whole point/arguement is that this ordeal is a pale comparison to what happened in Asia last year. How long it took your troops/supplies/leaders to get with it are moot.

Quote:
It's a little unfair to blame everyone that resides in the entire country, and claim we are all stupid and un-evolved. As I said before, most of the "looters" weren't taking tv's...most of them were taking items neccesary for survival. There are a lot of people that immediately banned together to try and help the victims, no one was being allowed into the city...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/storie...ewsid_2902000/2902487.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/storie...ewsid_3750000/3750939.stm
http://www.africanaonline.com/reports_harlem.htm
http://www.67riots.rutgers.edu/d_index.htm
http://www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/watts.html
http://www.civilwarhome.com/draftriots.htm
http://info.detnews.com/history/story/index.cfm?id=185&category=events
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/317749.html
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.04.x.html

Do I need to go on?

UGN Elite
UGN Elite
We are the spoiled brats of the world. I will agree with you here. It is simpley our culture. Greed, fast paced, get what you can while you can. Just look what we teach our children, Get it while you can. If they will let you... Your not trying unless you are cheating.

We have a culture of greed and spoiled brats. However, the majority of us are good compasionate people. It seems there are a few who either get the mic, or end up on the news. For one thing, in third world countries you do not have as many news reporters or power to accomidate that many. Here in the states... Yea, they flock in masses. Not saying they do not to international incedents. But just think of the business side of it. It costs you how much as a company to send ten reporters around the globe?

Now how much in the states? We tend to get better coverage. Next up, education. People who are educated are not placated as easily. The people in the Tsunami are told by thier government, it will be okay, many will belive thier government. People who are better versed in history know, many are going to be [censored]. That there will be a lot of politics and cammera ops, then the story will die and funds will eventually run out.

People might tend to do something drastic if they feel they have nothing to loose. As a matter of fact that is the most dangerous person in the world. A Person with nothing to loose(this is of course perceptual) will do anything they feel it will cause them a gain. If you whish to destroy a person you allways leave them something to cling to. This will make them think about retailations as they might loose that.

Take it all away like the huricane in some peoples cases, What will you loose if you rob, rape, kill, loot? You might loose your freedom, but do you care right now?

A
UGN Member
UGN Member
A
Scary insight tax, one most people wouldn't admit too. I know I would say that I am far from one to become greedy if I had nothing to loose but I cant say that since I've always had something to loose and a dire situation like these disasters I have never experienced. I would hope that I and the majority would see the best brought out of us in circumstances such as the hurricane if something as devastating was to happen here in Auz. In the end though it really is just hope.
*QUE: The Architect and Neo"

UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Americans are high strung by nature. We have been feeding on a a feast of panic and disaster in the news since 9/11. We are also greedy by nature. Just look at our nations fat people, the size of our cars, our divorce rate due to cheating and money. Lets face it, we are brats. I think it all comes down it work/money in the end.

We eat fast food because we are lazy? Not really. Least I do not think so. I grab a Mclunch when I am on the go. It is quick and onveniant and I can make it to work on time. We in many cases are a dual income house hold nation wide now. Both Mommy and Daddy work. This leave junior with the baby siter and teaches them to purse the dollar. Remember kids learn by imitating. Don't belive me? Cuss infront of a young child learning to speak.

Then at work it is a rat race. So and so was promoted before so and so. Hey thats my parking spot, "[censored] YOU". Road rage increases nation wide because we are becoming more agressive and self consumed. A mind set like, "Don't they know I am in a hurry." Women are becoming more agressive in our country. More and more you hear about women in incidents of road rage and bar fights.

More and more women are seking power and money as 20 years ago not so much. Our diversety in many cases is causing stress. For eaxmple, it is some races culture to be loud and outspoken. Another race is quite and reserved as a whole. The 2 get together and they get on each others nerves. We do not have a single culture or social set of rules. Instead we have many conflicting social rules.

Children are taught to share and be polite and go home to mom and dad cussing at the cars next to them, to talking about "THAT [censored] HOLE BOSS". Each generation seems to become a bit more consumed in self and less with thier neighbor.

As far as the Tsunami victems not looting and raping. Yea, I do not remember seeing near as much video of that story. I doubt there was as much coverage. That and this these were islands and a huge [censored] wave I doubt there was anything to loot. I actually doubt there was much there before the wave.

Our country has flaws in it's people, no doubt. But people, are people the whole world over. Any one is capable of anything given the right circumstances. Wana help minimize greed? Boycot corperate Christmass. You know where moms fight moms over toys, people cut down perfectly good trees to put in thier living room to better help burn thier house down. Oh and wall street uses the sales reports to determine what companies will do well in the future or are worth buying thier stock.

/me gets off soap box

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics33,840
Posts68,858
Average Daily Posts1
Members2,176
Most Online3,253
Jan 13th, 2020
Latest Postings