Your browser does not seem to support CSS. If images appear below, please disregard them.
It appears that you're running an Ad-Blocker. This site is monetized by Advertising and by User Donations; we ask that if you find this site helpful that you whitelist us in your Ad-Blocker, or make a Donation to help aid in operating costs.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#6861 - 01/04/06 10:14 AM Proxy Use  
Lang Offline
Lang  Offline

Tampa
Just like *cough* everyone else, i... got banned from a forum or something and need to hide my i/p for legitimate reasons.

Problem being, after typing in the proxy into my browser, sites are still seeing my old i/p. Could this be because I'm on cable?

Anyway, I tried using a online cgi instead, works like a charm changing my i/p, but a few problems:
1. Free SSL cgi are far and few which makes forming a chain difficult
2. Most proxies have some sort of problem loading forms, specifically the one I need which makes hiding my i/p useless if I can't even use the site.

So, I need a solution to either of my problem: getting browser proxies to work or a real good cgi? Help please?

Sponsored Links
#6862 - 01/04/06 10:34 AM Re: Proxy Use  
Ghost Offline
UGN Super Poster
Ghost  Offline
UGN Super Poster

Wisconsin
It's probably the individual proxy you're using. If it sends X-Forwarded-for, it'll send your IP address. Your best bet is to use a SOCKS or HTTP proxy that does not forward such headers. There are many lists out there.

You're doing this because you got banned from a forum? Lame. That's a great way to get yourself perma banned for evasion everytime they figure out it's you posting again.

Member Spotlight
Crime
Crime
SC, usa
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics47,517
Posts82,687
Average Daily Posts7
Members2,159
Most Online1,567