here's a nice old post from livejournal
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonguyver/446.html

in which I druggenly replied with off topic areas. Heh, I read lots of Nostradamus, planear information, I'm a big science nut. I also have theories on magnetic polar reversal. The current info on that from many athropologists, archeologist, rock scientists(forget the name sorry, I'm lazy, and dyslexic), is that in 100 or so years we will have our next magnetic polar reversal(the solar winds hitting out atmosphere will create an aurora all around the world pretty much at the time of our grand children. quite a sight to behold). A big one is thought to be the end of mars, or a asteriod+that.

The Mayan calender ends in 2012, the same time we have increased polar disturbances, solar flares of a remarkable sort, not to mention orion+other galaxies magnetic pull with ours. There will also be quite a planetary alignment that year. Heh my opinion even though all of this is studied, and theoried within the scientific community. Is that of WWIII. But if you want to waste time on that, go search around on John Titor, and his posts/info on the web. Kinda funny that everything he's said has come true, not to mention the test coming this 2004 of the largest linear excellerator in the world(miny blackholes:x).

Have fun with the info, or if we paranoid/crazy ppl want, lets discuss, and theorize;)

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"