Gaston Maurice Julia's birthday today.
(1893-1978)

[Linked Image]

http://www.google.com had him linked today 2/3/2004 for his birthday.

Best Known for his work in Geometry/Fractals.
Fractals are shapes in which an identical motif repeats itself on an ever diminishing scale.
Most fractal images are complex in appearance and will not fit together.

Julia's fractals caught a lot of attention because the graphics were spectacular. They were discovered 80 years ago by Gaston Julia without the use of computer or image. The paper was forgotten for 50 years because it had no illustrations. It was brought back into the public attention by Mandelbrot and computer graphics really gave it life.

He lost his nose in a battle, had to wear a leather mask over it the rest of his life. he did mass fractals, calculations, all that from what I've found.

I'm thinking about writing a post on some odd ball intelligent ppl from time, one also being this dood who claimed he knew how the pyramids were built. In his castle estate his built massive stone moving structures by himself, in a short period of time, an impossible feat some have said. Yet he did it. Even for many men it would be, and ppl know from looking into things plus his word that he did it alone.

Just kinda cool all these odd things. They interest me, dunno about all of you. Oi to the strange, but smart ppl, I feel you pain;p

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"