Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#10172 05/03/03 11:05 AM
UGN Super Poster
OP Offline
UGN Super Poster
Intro:

Many of you will come here asking how to hack into a system, use a trojan, nuke someone etc. There is that type of malicious hacking, which has seemed to unfortunately take a hold of youths recently. I have a challenge for you. Its a different type of hacker. Learn to create. Think of the software you use, and how popular some of it is. You could create something like that. Better yet, you could take those many pieces of software that you have ideas for features, and add those features YOURSELVES. Think of the last person to hack his friend, break into e-mail, deface a website, etc. They maybe got an article on some obscure website about it, or maybe even a nice jail term. Its pointless. The rewards for being a "white hat" are far greater.

Ex. Google for "Kevin Mitnick" (whom was largely a grey hat that had an ability to social engineer) and you will see ~60,000 hits. He is currently in debt and spent a few years in jail. Now look for "Linus Torvalds", a well respected hacker, creator of Linux, a revolutionary, w/o a jail term or debt. He gets ~800,000 hits. Not only will people respect you, but when you actually mature later on, you can look at what you have been doing/learning since day one, and hold a high respect for yourselves.

This is a different type of hacker. The type of hacker that I am no where near... yet. The type of hacker that contributes and creates to a community. Encouraging information insemination, open source alternative, and pushing new possibilities.

References:

To be something, you must first understand what that 'something' is....
How To Be A Hacker | The Cathedral and the Bazaar | What is Open Source?

To become one with it, you must surround yourself with it....
Choose: Linux Distros | DistroWatch or Create: Linux From Scratch | CoreDistro
Understand: HowTo Install | Linux Doc Project | Linux Questions | Rute User Tutorial and Exposition

To find your way, you must choose which path you feel is choosing you.
Create: How To Be A Programmer

To reach enlightenment, you must find the paths by looking within yourself.
Locate it: Google Hacks | Howto Search | Howto Ask

Outro:

I did this to give people an overview of some choices they may not have been aware of. I only wanted to provide you with enough knowledge to get started and be well prepared on your journey. I will attempt to include more initial paths, as I stumble upon them.I tried to not advocate a single choice/technology. Find something, maybe off the beaten path, and embrace it. The rest is up to you.

#10173 05/03/03 01:43 PM
P
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
P
I can see that this thread will have a lot of replies to it, few helping the point. If you have something you want to add, PM a mod to open this for a short time. Any regular questions should be under new threads in an appropriate section.

#10174 05/07/03 09:05 AM
UGN Super Poster
OP Offline
UGN Super Poster
Reopened hopefully to get some good suggestions and feedback. If you post something stupid or offtopic, I will just delete it and leave you a PM why. Promise. smile

#10175 06/19/03 06:48 PM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
I think we should make couple os stickies in this section like how to use Telnet
So people wont have to make new posts everytime

what u guys think ?

Good artists copy, great artists
steal.

-Picasso
#10176 06/20/03 02:10 AM
P
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
P
No, make one thread sticky that links to all the common questions

#10177 06/25/03 01:27 AM
C
C
Yes I think you should post how to use telnet.......

#10178 06/25/03 12:13 PM
S
nobody
nobody
S
/me smacks Cider really god damn hard.

if you just look in this same forum you will see at least 3 topics with the word "Telnet" in big bold [censored] letters. Geez, I wonder whats in there? No [censored] way in hell it's anything to do with how to use telnet.

#10179 10/16/03 05:43 AM
i would just like to say thank you to jonconley for poting this. probably one of the most useful threads ive seen in my 2 1/2 hours of membership here. i especially like it because i despise all the little kids that think that they are 1337 just cause they can download a program and send it, or because they can get a trainer and screw with games like diablo. so to all you kids who think you good, learn some C, and make your mark on society

"i wonder what this button does....." - famous last thoughts of a monkey cosmonaut
#10180 11/06/03 07:45 AM
"ok" im new To Everything I need help If neone wants to Take Time to Help Meh Just gimma a holla Plz i really wanna learn bout Hackin ...
PeAce.

#10181 11/29/03 12:28 AM
Truth be told, I'm not exactly a -expert- hacker, but I get p***** off with all these guys who get a s/n like U$#R and think themselves God on the Net. Seriously. There's more to hacking then stupid slang.

#10182 11/29/03 05:47 AM
Community Owner
Community Owner
Heretical: Agreed...

One thing that you may find of interest is the UGN Security FAQ: Newbie Section. You can find this here . Note that this section is updated by staff when info needed is requested.

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner
#10183 11/29/03 06:05 AM
G
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
G
Yes the newbie faq is a must. everyone should read it because it is so cool!

#10184 12/11/03 06:03 PM
S
S
Hi - I'm a newbie and I hope this won't get me in trouble.

I've started doing ICT at college, and want to be a hacker - white or grey, or not sure yet.

However, the one thing I'd like to know is - how do I get into my brother's computer? He's got Windows XP, and locked me out when some of my coursework is on there.

Please HELP!!!!

Thanks laugh

I can open the door, but it is you that has to walk through it...
#10185 12/11/03 06:34 PM
L
L
You could just ask him if u could get ur coursework off or if he could

V***Iain***V
#10186 12/11/03 07:42 PM
UGN Security FAQ: Newbie Section is an insult to those who actually wants to learn something.

SG-4, read the UGN Security FAQ: newbie section.
or, try reading other stupid posts ppl have posted on this forum to get a point.*sigh*

I am beyond God, I am human. I am the razorblade on the communion vein.
#10187 12/11/03 09:21 PM
S
S
Right????

Laptopboy - Tried that... He's locked me out because I p!ssed him off

So, any other ideas?

#10188 12/12/03 04:15 AM
S
nobody
nobody
S
Don't piss him off.

But really it all depends on the type of access you have to his machine, local, are you on a LAN with him? Just trick him, social engineering works wonders.

#10189 12/12/03 05:17 AM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
Just ask your brother for the files, Tell him its for college and you really need it. I Bet if you ask him nicely, he will give you the files.

If you have another computer, use that one to get access to the one were your files are. Use known exploits in Windows XP (theres a lot). Or Exploits in the programs he uses on that computer.

But i think asking him will do the trick = ) Or do what Sinetific said = ).

steal.

-Picasso
#10190 12/12/03 06:37 PM
S
S
Ok - It's a single PC, runnig Win XP. I've tried the usual routes of cracking... Brute Force with everything within 15 feet of his computer, and everything.

And if I'm supposed to learn by asking, I think that's what I'm doing?!!!

#10191 12/29/03 01:33 AM
Hrmm, I believe with Windows XP you can just start the computer up in safety mode and create a new account with admin privs. Unfortunately, I can't remember the shortcut for safety mode, I think it's something like holding alt-f4 during bootup.

#10192 12/29/03 04:04 AM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
Boot into safe mode and use a exploit to get admin access. Try to retrieve local passwords (PWL file).
Use the WM_TIMER message Handler expoit (search google). There are thousands and i mean thousands of exploits that can give you the admin access.

Go to securityfocus, they have a VAST amount of expoits and papers.

You have to do your own research

steal.

-Picasso
#10193 12/29/03 04:05 AM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
Boot into safe mode and use a exploit to get admin access. Try to retrieve local passwords (PWL file).
Use the WM_TIMER message Handler expoit (search google). There are thousands and i mean thousands of exploits that can give you the admin access.

Go to securityfocus, they have a VAST amount of expoits and papers.

You have to do your own research

steal.

-Picasso
#10194 12/31/03 02:49 PM
S
S
Thanks guys!

I haven't seen the "alt+f4" route before - is it the same as pressing f8? Cos if it is, when I load into Safe Mode it just comes up with the same logon screen.

I'll try it anyway, and see what happens. Thanks again.
laugh

#10195 01/21/04 08:46 AM
N
N
oh.. this is a good idea to begin learning hack

--------------!X!--------------
#10196 01/21/04 09:01 AM
i don't know how to start learning hacking and after read this topic which made me know more about computer security . i understood

--------------------!X!------------------
#10197 01/23/04 11:52 AM
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by SG-4:
And if I'm supposed to learn by asking, I think that's what I'm doing?!!!
You ain't supposed to learn by asking.
You need to learn, read and figure it out y ourself
That's the way it goes.

Bu NO kids nowdays are ways to stupid and lame for that? "But i did use google", bah searching for 5 seconds doesn't count. Those kids now don't have time to learn, they just want to leech warez all day long.

By books, start reading, try it all out, make mistakes, learn from those. That's how to be a "hacker".

Never argue with fools... They will only drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience...
#10198 03/07/04 03:58 AM
M
M
or, try reading other stupid posts ppl have posted on this forum to get a point.*sigh*
Quote:
UGN Security FAQ: Newbie Section is an insult to those who actually wants to learn something.

Quote:
what do you say? confused confused

#10199 04/26/04 09:51 AM
S
S
Boggle, JC. That's not what a hacker is at all, and there are plenty of the sort of people you're talking about out there. They're called programmers or coders. They work for software companies, write shareware or freeware, and may or may not do real hacking on the side. Any good hacker, will be able to do these things it's true, but they don't make the person a hacker. A hacker is a person who hacks, for whatever purpose that may be. They don't build or create anything; at least not using hacking skills.

And don't even get me started on the whole white hat/black hat load of bs.

Good sites, btw, but hacking isn't one of those things you can teach someone on a bbs forum board. It takes work, dedication, knowledge, and plenty of time. If you don't have those things welcome to the Black Pit of Script Kiddism boys 'n girls! It's not a magic bullet, and it's not a skill you can learn over night, so be prepared to fork over a lot of time and effort, or quit bugging people with boards like "i w@an 1urn h@XoR1111! Cn u t3@ch meh1111!!?"

Pugna Bellum - Fight the Battle. I will fight the battle.
#10200 09/16/04 04:05 PM
J
J
how to retrive the hotmailaccount password which is my own account plz help me anyone know to retrieve

#10201 09/16/04 05:48 PM
Its against UGN rules to ask how to hack an email account.

If it is actually your account go to the "Forgotten Password" page...

"Mrs. Jones, I'm sorry to inform you, but we've run the tests, and it appears that you have XP. Now don't cry - it's bad, but it's not a death sentence. Modern science has advanced in recent years, and it's now possible to live a reasonably happy life with XP. And there's a survivor's group that you'll want to meet as well."
#10202 09/16/04 11:12 PM
Community Owner
Community Owner
We try to tell people that every other post; same with trackphone hacking, they never get the point lol

Donate to UGN Security here.
UGN Security, Back of the Web, and VNC Web Services Owner
#10203 09/16/04 11:14 PM
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff
UGN News Staff
he really didnt ask How to hack an account, he just asked how he can retrieve his password.

The problem is, he doesent have an e-mail to send his Password to, half of the time people dont remember what there "secret" answers are cause they just put bullshit there lol..

Happened to me several times smirk

Anyways, if u dont know ur secret password, or any other information they ask for retrival, u wont get your account back..

steal.

-Picasso
#10204 12/21/04 03:17 PM
B
B
I think that people seem to have this misconception about what Hacking really is. In it's Media label it is someone who is 'evil' and malicious. But if you look at the actual definition, it is "an enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer and user. a person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data." Now lets look at the definition of a "Cracker", it is one who gains illegal access to a computer with the intent of doing malice. It was made to make a distinction in what the Hacker does and what others who deface the name "Hacker" do. Unfortunately the media would have a tough time using Cracker because people are dumb and would think it was a racial slur or something.
So get it strait all you "I am hacker." people who download some app from the net, which btw is probably full of backdoors, you are not a hacker if all you want to do is malice, doom and destruction to the net. Those of us who want to make life better, we are the hackers.
And for gods sakes, learn how to code, wait better yet don't, that way i will have little competition in the job market :-)

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/E d- s++:- a- C+++ UL+++ P+ L++ E-- W- N+ o-- K- w--- O M+ V-- PS++ PE-- Y+ PGP t+ 5++ X+ R+++ tv+ b++ DI++ D--- G++ e+ h r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
#10205 12/29/04 01:54 PM
J
UGN Dumbass 2004
UGN Dumbass 2004
J
Dude thats fair enough, but u cant go calling everyone hackers just for self adjusting software, thats what bill gate, steve jobs, Linus Torvalds, Rob Pike did, and many many others.

The only difference between them is that they all made their own hardware with the exception of Mr Gates. Also Rob Pike (with AT&T), the co-creator of UNIX, on which quite a few operating systems are varients of, or have their roots in.

Note that the richest one didnt make his own hardware and instead got paid to let his product sell as an ecompaniment to an allready existing Hardware manufacturer. Also, note that the core of the new MacOS X is straight Berkeley Unix, and Linux as a very closely related to Unix.

Call me..... King AolerKiddieIdiotLamerWhoLikesToMakeEmptyThreats

-Annoying Dumbass, '04
#10206 12/30/04 07:57 PM
S
UGN Member
UGN Member
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Juno_NH:
Rob Pike (with AT&T), the co-creator of UNIX, on which quite a few operating systems are varients of, or have their roots in.
Rob Pike, well known for his appearances on ``Late Night with David Letterman'', is also a Member of Technical Staff at AT&T Bell Laboratories in Murray Hill, New Jersey, where he has been since 1980, the same year he won the Olympic silver medal in Archery. In 1981 he wrote the first bitmap window system for Unix systems, and has since written ten more.

Source

UNIX� (or Unix) is a portable, multi-task and multi-user computer operating system originally developed by a group of AT&T Bell Labs employees including Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie and Douglas McIlroy.
Wikipedia

Not to be Nit picky but even though Mr. Pike is a prolific programmer, he was not a co-creator of UNIX, he just wrote stuff for it. See UNIX was created in 1970 and Mr. Pike did not work at Bell Labs until 1980. If you are going to post in a topic that is on a sticky make sure your facts are straight.

D, world destruction
Over and overture
N, do I need
Apostrophe T, need this torture?-They Might Be Giants

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics33,840
Posts68,858
Average Daily Posts1
Members2,176