UGN Security
Posted By: GhostintheNight RRFN?? - 11/23/04 02:19 PM
What happened to it? Site says its under construction... Anyone from the good ole rrfn still hanging around?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 11/23/04 03:18 PM
I killed it... Learner was no longer interested in running the site.
Posted By: sinetific Re: RRFN?? - 11/23/04 06:02 PM
Most rrfn'ers came from here and most returned.
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 11/23/04 11:15 PM
RRFN is the [censored]. UGN SUCKS. If RRFN were still around, I'd never be here. I'm never here anyway.

LONG LIVE RRFN
Posted By: GhostintheNight Re: RRFN?? - 11/23/04 11:20 PM
LOL YEAH PERG!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 11/24/04 09:46 AM
Lol, perg, you where hardly around at RRFN after I started paying for hosting lol...

As is, the domain is scheduled for expiration without renewal.
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 11/24/04 09:18 PM
That's because I didn't wa
Posted By: GhostintheNight Re: RRFN?? - 11/30/04 03:34 PM
So is there any plans for the site? or is the "under construction" simply a page to tell you that the site is not there anymore
Posted By: Ice Re: RRFN?? - 11/30/04 03:40 PM
Quote:
So is there any plans for the site? or is the "under construction" simply a page to tell you that the site is not there anymore
I dont think theres any plans for RRFN. Like Gizmo said, once the domain expires, the UnderConstruction will be gone. So i am guessing theres no planes.

Quote:
As is, the domain is scheduled for expiration without renewal.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 11/30/04 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GhostintheNight:
It's dead, it will remain so unless someone registers the domain name after it expires; in which case, it's not my problem wink
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 12/01/04 04:12 AM
And somebody's gotta be drunk or stupid to type in promodtecnologies at the registar
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 12/01/04 04:22 AM
Lol agreed.. Learner claims it's because it was the name of a band or something that he was working with, they supposedly misspelled it on purpose...

Yeh, ok...
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 12/01/04 06:17 AM
Quote:
And somebody's gotta be drunk or stupid to type in promodtecnologies at the registar
Listen [censored]!!! This was my first site, first domain purchase. It was for a car club, not a band. They were all driving rice burners and spelled it this way because another club had it spelled correct in some other state or some [censored]. The club fell apart. I still had the site and the hosting so I created RRFN which was a sub domian to promodtecnologies. I tryed several times to register RRFN but it is owned by some farming hicks "Red River Farm Network" or some such [censored]. While RRFN was around it was pretty cool.

It was a good community and a decent fall back once Optix lost his mind and started baning every one who questioned he awsome authority *snickers*.

It held much of the UGN community together when many more might have drifted never to return. It gave us a few new people as well. Pergesu being one of which. I still miss Pig though. he knew his *nix.

RRFN started as a post on UGN. It was a huge [censored] post of links which yep newbies should read. It became too big to maintain in a post so it became a site, and eventualy a search engine with only tech resources in it.

I am far too busy now to take that project back up again. However I do still have all original code, images and such. anyone wants to make a go at it I will gladly give you what I have.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 12/01/04 06:36 AM
Red River Farm?? so they abort eachothers babies in the rivers?

Yeh, that's the reason optix was removed as admin the second I had control :x...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 12/01/04 06:36 AM
BTW, RRFN.net is available for registration heh
Posted By: GhostintheNight Re: RRFN?? - 12/03/04 02:36 AM
You still have all of the original code? ... could be a fun side project... check for a pm spanky
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 12/03/04 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by spanky:
Quote:
Listen [censored]!!! This was my first site, first domain purchase. It was for a car club, not a band. They were all driving rice burners and spelled it this way because another club had it spelled correct in some other state or some [censored]. The club fell apart. I still had the site and the hosting so I created RRFN which was a sub domian to promodtecnologies. I tryed several times to register RRFN but it is owned by some farming hicks "Red River Farm Network" or some such [censored]. While RRFN was around it was pretty cool.

It was a good community and a decent fall back once Optix lost his mind and started baning every one who questioned he awsome authority *snickers*.

It held much of the UGN community together when many more might have drifted never to return. It gave us a few new people as well. Pergesu being one of which. I still miss Pig though. he knew his *nix.
You know I loved RRFN. And I love you too spanky
Posted By: Ice Re: RRFN?? - 12/03/04 03:20 AM
i never really visted that site, but i read the forums alot :], and most of the tutorials u guys had up there.
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 12/03/04 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pergesu:
Quote:
Originally posted by spanky:
[b]
Quote:

You know I loved RRFN. And I love you too spanky [/b]
This is still going,

Ghost, I droped you a PM back

Pergesu....
/me blows kisses

I guess there was a good kinda vibe there. But alass at the end it just fell apart due to several things.

1.) xnull sucks
2.) xnull sucks
3.) my spelling sucks
4.) people were tired of xnull sucking
Posted By: thebluegiant Re: RRFN?? - 12/03/04 08:31 AM
Christ, I think we had to edit everything posted at least twice for spelling. If Learner did it the mistakes had to be pointed out dozens of times, and his corrections were usually misspelled.
Ahh, those were the days.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 12/03/04 08:42 AM
Yeh xnull did pretty much suck...

And yeh, learner spells about as well as I do wink
Posted By: Girlie Re: RRFN?? - 12/03/04 09:35 AM
No, he's worse than you Giz. wink
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: RRFN?? - 12/31/04 02:15 AM
xnull blew hairy goat [censored].

that's all I have to say on that one.
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 01/02/05 05:05 AM
Sacll0n!!! Whats up man? Where you been? Everyone, this is the guy who taught me PHP/MySQL. After he did such RRFN made some giant leaps in the right direction, though my life did not and I did not put in the time. So it died. as since I have not had the time.

Let me say this. It is one thing to grown and run a community site as you child while married. When you have a child you have a bit less time.
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 02/06/05 11:19 AM
I miss visage. Now that kid was the [censored].

And I miss you Learner. I don't even know what's goin on with you anymore.

Visage and Learner, my lost eLovers frown
Posted By: spectre Re: RRFN?? - 02/06/05 11:20 AM
Damn right I was the [censored].

-visage (DemetriusAC)
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 02/06/05 11:20 AM
Still are, kiddo wink
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 02/08/05 09:46 PM
/me tackle hugs visage.

What up bro.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 02/09/05 05:52 AM
I killed the ProMod, and i now use it for a file repository! lol...
Posted By: spectre Re: RRFN?? - 02/09/05 08:44 AM
Hey Sintax baby, how are you? Shoot me an e-mail @ [email protected] -- we need to catch up man.
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 02/13/05 02:59 PM
time for the Sintax/visage/pergesu threesome I've always imagined
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 02/13/05 09:47 PM
/me runs from sausage fest.

Umm yea we aint that close.

Then again...

/me over come with feelings of...

/me grabs pack of magnum trojan condums, Who wants it first.
Posted By: Girlie Re: RRFN?? - 02/13/05 10:15 PM
/me grabs some popcorn, a glass of iced tea, and a front row seat wink
Posted By: spectre Re: RRFN?? - 02/14/05 08:27 AM
/me slowly remembers why he left in the first place
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 04/17/05 07:23 PM
For those who want to see it...

How RRFN started right here at UGN
http://web.archive.org/web/20010410190238/www.un...b=get_topic&f=10&t=000125

The story
http://web.archive.org/web/20020808153045/rrfn.promodtecnologies.com/Aboutus.php

RRFN at it's peak
http://web.archive.org/web/20020802165441/rrfn.promodtecnologies.com/
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 04/18/05 06:00 AM
RRFN (well at least promodtecnologies.com) will be officially laid to rest in 90 days (unless learner wants the domain name back). Yes, that's right, the time has finally come that I'm letting the domain registration lapse...
Posted By: pergesu Re: RRFN?? - 04/18/05 07:29 AM
Man, I used to spend unbelievable amounts of time at that site. Like I'd be in class at school, not getting any work done, just writing [censored] on the boards.

/me misses the good ol' days

But I gotta say I understand why it eventually died. Mad props to Sintax for the decisions he made...there are many things way more important than computers.
Posted By: spectre Re: RRFN?? - 06/27/05 07:15 AM
This post brings a tear to my eye. Also, I just realized something crazy:
I wrote the original HTML to RRFN during the summer from 8th grade to 9th grade -- I finished it the night on my birthday and started a geocities page for the RRFN prototype -- and here I am...graduated with high school. Man...thats pretty crazy.

Also, my old posts are hilarious. Good thing I saved so much time typing "u" instead of "you."
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 06/27/05 08:55 AM
July 15th promodtecnologies.com expires btw wink
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 07/15/05 11:07 AM
It is alas officialy the end of an erra...
Posted By: §intå× Re: RRFN?? - 07/15/05 11:07 AM
BTW I still have all original scripts and images if anyone wants a crack at it. I think I even have all the YaBB BBS to include all posts.
Posted By: EndGame Re: RRFN?? - 07/15/05 02:50 PM
Well, RRFN has officialy expired today.
i remember the FIRST post.

i never contributed anything to UGN at that time. and an occasional post always got flooded with the replies.

UGN has evolved remarkably.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: RRFN?? - 07/15/05 10:20 PM
Yeh, now if only I can get the time to polish off this years recode...
© UGN Security Forum