UGN Security
Posted By: black^Pimp Font problems ? - 04/28/03 07:00 PM
Hi..

I just downloaded some fonts from AcidFonts.com and when i try to extract them to my windows font directory, the fonts are in a .TTF extension, now after i extract them, i go to fireworks for example and the fonts don't appear on the list, and my computer doesn't reads the .TTF file extension, i get an OPEN WITH...

What should i do to bypass this, should i install an extension or what the hell should i do to get my fonts installed and workin' properly ?
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Font problems ? - 04/28/03 08:49 PM
Well where did you install the fonts to, maybe you didn't put them in the right folder... Sometimes people do stupid easy things like that... Also I haven't touched fireworks in like 3 yrs so i dont remember but does it have its own folder for fonts?
Posted By: dashocker Re: Font problems ? - 04/28/03 09:55 PM
Ok, I actually searched google to get a complete answer for ya since I'm supposed to be helpful or some [censored]. Anyway...
TTF stands for True Type font. Due to U.S. Patent US5155805, US5155805, and US5325479 -
Apple pretty much owns this method of displaying images via mathematical descriptions drawn by a program to a specific size, or raster images. True Type 2 is liscenced to Microsoft however.
I found I have a couple .TTF files on my machine and they open just fine when I double-click. Perhaps you do not have support for this extension. You maybe running an old version of Windows or it is a True Type 1 Font. In which case I suggest http://freetype.sourceforge.net/ to fix your problem. If the file is True Type 2, then the aforementioned site will also help. If the file is corrupt or damaged in anyway then your [censored]. Hope I could be of assistance.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Font problems ? - 04/29/03 12:08 AM
I don't think you can just plop fonts into a folder. I think you have to register them.
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Font problems ? - 04/29/03 12:11 AM
Well i dunno i mean for windows you can. Lets say I downloaded the Quake 2 theme font (which I did on my old pc), i pasted it into the font folder someplace under the windows folder. Dont remember, dont bother downloading fonts these days.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Font problems ? - 04/29/03 12:47 AM
open:

My Computer -> Control Panel -> Fonts

and drop your fonts into there. Don't just copy them to c:\windows, your fonts HAVE to be registered to be used!
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: Font problems ? - 04/29/03 01:10 AM
I dunno back in the days of win 98 and my old pc thats all i did and it worked fine... Well I dont remember, fonts became a waste of time for me several yrs ago. Oh well do what giz said and blame canada.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Font problems ? - 04/29/03 06:58 AM
hey dashocker, thanx a lot man, the site you gave me really helped a lot...

SR, i did it just like that before, i just extracted the font files on the windows/font folder and they worked just fine.. but now i dunno what happen, now i'mma try the method gizmo told me..

Yup, it works now giz...

thanks guys!

bp
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Font problems ? - 04/29/03 12:28 PM
People really should search more. I got a bit irritated at hkzKnight for his replies to his post. You think I was just guessing? No, I thought it was done via registering, THEN I searched on google to make sure, THEN I posted. I'm not almost always right because I'm just the damn smartest guy who knows everything (which nobody is). It's cause I open my mouth AFTER verifying what I'm about to say. Unfurtunatly I was too lazy to look up HOW to register. Kudos to Gizmo for making a proper followup to my post instead of the "well it SHOULD work" when we all know it isn't.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Font problems ? - 04/30/03 07:23 AM
You're right, that should be a good lesson..!! and that's how i'll take it !

cya

bp
Posted By: dashocker Re: Font problems ? - 05/01/03 09:37 PM
ok, yeah, im glad i bothered posting that big long informational type deal. die!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Font problems ? - 05/02/03 12:06 AM
:snicker: yeh I bairly post anymore... I'm lucky to get 5 minutes to login to the IRC at night...
© UGN Security Forum