UGN Security
Posted By: Karma Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/03/05 03:11 AM
Hi.I am bad in english but i will try to no make mistake. smile so lets begin.I have this problem i cant stop shearing my disk c. It hase this $c and $admin. And i dont know what to do frown .Help please.
Posted By: HighLander Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/03/05 06:13 AM
Windows automatically creates a share for each drive for administrative purposes, and a $admin share. The reason it has the $ prefixed is because these shares are hidden from anyway viewing your shares
Posted By: Infinite Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/03/05 07:02 AM
The only way you can get rid of those is to disable filesharing altogether.
Posted By: Karma Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/04/05 03:17 AM
How to do that ? smile i dont know.
Posted By: AMD/GeForce Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/04/05 07:09 AM
On Windows xp, you right click the dirve and click the sharing tab. I think this is the sharing you are talking about.
Posted By: Karma Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/04/05 08:12 AM
AMD/GeForce. No its not that. My freand told me it can be disabled in "Administrativ tools" -"Services" .But hi dont know where it is exactly. I tryed to find it but I failed. frown
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/04/05 09:55 PM
If your running xp then you go to the:
Control Panel
Performance and Maintenance
Administrative Tools
Services

and it will give you a list of the services running or not running. I dont which one your talking about but that is how to get to services.
Posted By: Karma Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/05/05 12:41 AM
Artic Warrior.I know what smile but it dont allow me to stop sharing.YES MY OS IS XP.It allows me to see help files but there is no option to stop sharing my disk c.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/06/05 09:48 PM
controlpanel --> network connections --> local area adapter --> properties

In the middle part there UNINSTALL the "file and print sharing for micrsoft networks". Don't uncheck it, get the bloddy crap outta there for good.
Posted By: HighLander Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/07/05 06:56 AM
Why are you so contempt on deleting these shares ?
Posted By: Karma Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/09/05 01:50 AM
Ohhh yeeee!!!! Thenx j !!! Thenx all.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/09/05 07:44 AM
why is it the guy who doesn't own a windows box is answering the windows questions?

/me narrows his eyes at the windows users :p
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/09/05 04:53 PM
Are $c and $admin any threat to the security of my computer?

Cause share watch shows them to be listed as shared. I thought they allowed a remote user to take control of the computer.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/10/05 11:58 PM
With an account that has administrative privileges you can access those shares remotely. You decide if that's a threat or not.
Posted By: HighLander Re: Do you know this ? $c AND $admin - 08/11/05 02:31 AM
As long as there are not ppl running around with your admin password, then they are not really a threat, and you should rename your administrator account also, that way, they do not only have to figure out the password but also the admin account name
© UGN Security Forum