UGN Security
Posted By: pushy Question - 05/01/04 03:48 AM
Not sure if I should post here or in the gaming section, but I'll post here anyway...
I've got a copy of a Visual Basic game called Extreme Warfare Revenge. I have found some elements of the game to be rather frustrating, and would like to view the code of the game to get an idea about some of the workings of the game. It's likely that nobody has any idea about the game, but I'll give an example of one of my main problems. Every wrestler in the game has a gimmick, and there are certain requirements that a wrestler must meet for a gimmick to 'click'. Problem is that nobody knows the exact requirements for gimmicks, and I'm sure that it would be in the code. Since the game's creator is unwilling to send out the source code, I am wondering if it's possible to view the game's source code if I've only got the .exe

Is this possible, and if so, how?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Question - 05/01/04 03:55 AM
Depends on the version of VB used; as the older versions have decompilers out; you're on your own to find those.

The only other route would to be to learn ASM.
Posted By: Ntd Re: Question - 05/03/04 01:56 PM
Umm you cant read the vb code once it has been complied into an exe, for one simple reason, the vb code is gone. It has been changed into machine code.
Posted By: n0mel Re: Question - 05/04/04 06:17 AM
You could always try to contact the author and ask for the code wink
© UGN Security Forum