UGN Security
Posted By: jonconley FTP Upload 500 Error - 09/10/03 06:37 AM
Server: Cerberus FTP
Client: WS_FTP 8

Server is behind a firewall, but I opened up ports.
Client is connecting fine and using PASV. The downloading goes pretty good usually, but the uploading routinely gives me Failed; Error 500 at random times during the upload.

This ftp is setup so a client can telecommute to photography studio while he is away at school. Unfortunately he transfers large PSD files and the errors really become an issue. I could probably just install a new server aside from cerberus, but decided to check here and see if it may be something generic, before going to that trouble.

Any insight would be appreciated. Ktnx, Conley
Posted By: paradox Re: FTP Upload 500 Error - 09/10/03 03:24 PM
You checked google... They have mass forums on errors and sollutions..
But yeah just look up the error code could be an exploit lol who knows.. stranger things have happened
Posted By: SilentRage Re: FTP Upload 500 Error - 09/10/03 06:28 PM
Care to share the address and a valid upload directory so that I can test it out for myself and see exactly what addresses are being used in PASV or PORT or whatever I wish to test with. Of course you can tell me privately on the IRC. PM'ing me or saying my name almost always gets my attention.

Although I doubt it's a problem with connectivity since the error means the command was sent wrong - or syntax error.
Posted By: jonconley Re: FTP Upload 500 Error - 09/10/03 09:27 PM
I checked google and I also checked the IPSWITCH (makers of wsftp) knowledge base, and looked up cerberus FTP specifically also.
© UGN Security Forum