UGN Security
Posted By: hyperx Wirless HaXing - 08/28/03 11:49 AM
I just got my new Vaio and i was wondering what are the best tools for war driving, i have Net Stumbler but i was wondering what other tools there are that "work" and are "good"?

I am running XP Pro.

All so are there WEP decryption tools?

Thanks,

- hyperx
Posted By: hyperx Re: Wirless HaXing - 08/28/03 11:54 AM
Oh and what do you think of 'Intel Centrino' i have a 1.5ghz.

-hyperx
Posted By: unreal Re: Wirless HaXing - 08/28/03 01:47 PM
Moved to Newbie.
Posted By: paradox Re: Wirless HaXing - 08/29/03 06:24 AM
What wireless network card do you have... and net stumbler is the best.. So meh.. but if you move to linux there are various tools.. There are tools for finding wireless networks and others for breaking the weak encryption they have.. or cracking passwords..
be more specific
Posted By: Infinite Re: Wirless HaXing - 08/29/03 08:13 AM
Like BlackKnight said, Netstumbler is the best I have found for windows. However, I do quite a bit of wardriving myself, and I vastly prefer to use Kismet. Kismet is for *nix though, so unless you are into that you can't use it. As for cracking WEP, Airsnort is your best bet. There is a tool for win by Wildpackets called AiroPeek that is supposed to do that as well, but I have yet to try it myself.

All of these tools can be found here with the exception of Airopeek, which the demo can be found here

Infinite
Posted By: paradox Re: Wirless HaXing - 08/31/03 06:14 PM
DefCon sounds like fun.. if you're really into war driving goto defcon and join in on the war driving.
you dont have to be an expert.. btw:there are also ways to boost your wi-fi signal so you can hack from further away and pick up weaker signals wink
all this information is widely aval so i won't search for a link.. but yeah you get the idea shocked )
© UGN Security Forum