UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin UBBCode Tags - 11/08/08 02:58 AM
I'm going to take and list out all of the UBBCode tags here; why? Well, I don't want to have to update the FAQ manually for every update :P...

I'm not really going to delve into the "Default Tags" which can be found in the FAQ; instead we're going to focus this posting on "Custom Tags" (those which where added in that are not "stock features" of the forums; or at least bear further highlighting).

You're probably asking "why all the custom tags?" well, quite simply put, it uses a lot less space storing 20 characters in the database than it does 300+...

Embedding Tags:
Code
[video:break]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from Break.com based on the VideoID
[video:google]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from Google Videos based on the VideoID
[video:liveleak]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from LiveLeak based on the Video ID
[video:myspace]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from MySpace based on the videoID
[video:revver]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from Revver based on the VideoID
[video:sdeluxe]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from SuperDeluxe (Cartoon Network) based on the VideoID
[video:yahoo]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from Yahoo Videos based on the VideoID
[video:youtube]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from YouTube based on the VideoID
[video:loowa]VideoID[/video] - Embeds a video from Loowa based on the VideoID
[embed:podcast]URL[/embed] - Allows a user to embed an MP3 Podcast

Lookup Tags:
Code
[lookup:dictionary]Criteria[/lookup] - Allows a user to lookup a word in the dictionary (dictionary.com)
[lookup:encyclopedia]Criteria[/lookup] - Allows a user to lookup a word in the Encyclopedia (dictionary.com)
[lookup:thesaurus]Criteria[/lookup] - Allows a user to lookup a word in the Thesaurus (dictionary.com)
[lookup:urban]Criteria[/lookup] - Allows a user to lookup a word or phraise from the Urban Dictionary database
[lookup:wiki]Criteria[/lookup] - Allows a user to lookup a word or phraise from Wikipedia

Search Tags:
Search Google - Will search google for the "word" or "phrase" (ex: Linux)
Code
[search:google]Linux[/search]

Search Images - Will search google images for the "word" or "phrase" (ex: Linux)
Code
[search:googleimages]Linux[/search]

Search Amazon - Will search amazon for the "word" or "phrase" and will link to the word (ex: Photoshop)
Code
[search:amazon]Photoshop[/search]

Search Amazon Extended - Will search amazon for the "word" or "phraise" and will allow you to define the linked text (ex: Adobe)
Code
[search:amazonex]Photoshop//Adobe[/search]

Link to Amazon Item - Will allow you to link to an item on Amazon's website via just the item ID (ex: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book)
Code
[amazon]0321492021//Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book[/amazon]

Posted By: §intå× Re: UBBCode Tags - 11/14/08 12:03 AM
I still say [ video ]http://url/to/supported/site [ /video ]

is better whistle
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UBBCode Tags - 11/14/08 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by §intå×
I still say [ video ]http://url/to/supported/site [ /video ]

is better whistle
It is still kind of supported; an easter egg if you will... I just don't like it and much prefer just embedding the video id...

Code
[video]http://www.site.tld/id[/video]

Will work for Yahoo, Google, MySpace and YouTube videos only.
© UGN Security Forum