UGN Security
Posted By: fleshwound happy hitler's birthday! - 04/20/03 05:24 AM
Adolf Hitler was born this day in 1889! he would have been 114 today.

oh yeah... i guess some jewish guy died a long time ago today too. or maybe he was ressurected this day? don't really care or know. but yeah...happy easter
Posted By: ObiWan Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/20/03 03:18 PM
I suppose it is ironic that Adolf Hitler birthday happens to be on Easter.

Anyway, Happy Easter!
Posted By: unreal Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/20/03 06:53 PM
They just so happened to coincide this year. Easter changes days of the month, just like Thanksgiving.
Posted By: ObiWan Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 01:48 AM
Other things that happened on this day in history:

In 1999 a massacre at Columbine High School killed 13 people when two of there fellow classmates began shooting.

In 1993 Federal Agents entered the Branch Davidians complex out side of Waco Texas, 80 people were killed.

In 1995 Timothy McVeigh destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City because of what happened to the Branch Davidians in Texas 2 years earlier.

Some of the worst events in the last ten years all land on the same day.
Posted By: hKzKnight Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 03:19 AM
A day when people enjoy getting high... Hmm the bad, maybe it's not the ressurection of jesus but mayhaps SATAN, mwahaha! Or maybe not anyway. :+)
Posted By: §intå× Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 04:16 AM
/me feels sad reading this post.

Fleshy...

Jew in the bible is not the jews of today you know? Jew is a translation of another race/religion. The jews of today come from the day he dided.

The split for christian and jew I belive stems from that day on. Muslim there is a split further back in time. Jews say it was not the son of god who died. Christians say it was.

That is why they gave up Jesus to get a murder/rapist out of jail. They belived him to be a false prophit
Posted By: thebluegiant Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 01:02 PM
"Jew in the bible is not the jews of today you know? Jew is a translation of another race/religion. The jews of today come from the day he dided. "

Nope, the Jewish religion is the same basic thing it was during Jesus's time; jews have been around for a long [censored] time.
For Jews, nothing changed when Jesus died other that that eventually a new religion sprung up.

"Muslim there is a split further back in time."
Actually, Muslim is the newest of the three religions, starting with Muhammad.

Never realized that all of those things happened on the same date, that's [censored] up.

*goes back into lurk mode*
Posted By: SilentRage Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 01:23 PM
ya, the muslim religion is the newest, but the lineage goes back to Abraham who had 2 sons: Jacob, and that [censored] child (the name escapes me). Jacob, who had his name changed to 'Isreal' is the beginning of the lineage for jews. The [censored] child is the beginning of the lineage for the arabs. There are predictions in the Bible that the 2 brothers/nationalities would never get along.

Even if you don't believe in christianity, the Bible is a darn good history book.
Posted By: ObiWan Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 01:40 PM
FYI

Then there was the protestant reformation, when King Henry the 8th decided he wanted a divorce, but the pope would not allow it. So he created the church of England, which now is called the Episcopal church, the main differences are that the Episcopal church allows priests to be married with children, and have divorce. Remember this country was originally founded because of religious persecution; the Quakers are the only group I can think of as I write this.
Posted By: Asteos Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 04:03 PM
Don't forget the pagans. I remember that King Henry story from my history class last year.
Posted By: Drake Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 05:05 PM
i think the people that were being persecuted in England were the puritans. the quakers were persecuted over here by the rest of everybody.
Posted By: fleshwound Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 05:11 PM
jesus h. christ. i wasn't trying to make this into some religion topic. just saying happy easter in my own [censored] up way! laugh

and yeah.. i know it changes every year just like thanksgiving. i'm not that stupid.

i just found it ironic that Hitler's b-day was the same day as Easter this year. that's all.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 07:47 PM
so why can't we discuss history again? I think I failed to see your point. I also don't see where anybody said you WERE trying to make this into a religion topic.

keep hopping honey.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 08:44 PM
I don't know if I believe in God and stuff, but I agree that most (if not everything) of the stuff in the Bible happened or is based on something that happened. Watching those shows on A&E or Discovery or TLC where they talk about different things words could mean because of translations, I wonder how much we have messed it up from how it is supposed to be. It's always funny when people say "NO SCIENCE IS WRONG IT IS JUST LIKE IN THE BIBLE" instead of thinking that maybe God did what he did the way science says it happened. Ah well, the irony is there Obi, I only knew about Columbine and Hitler. Messed up.
Posted By: ObiWan Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 09:38 PM
�Whoever wins writes the history.� That was meant more towards who wins the war writes the history of it, but it is still true in this case. Look at what happened in Oklahoma or Columbine, these were events that one American did towards another. So it is almost a self inflicted black eye. But now look at the WTC someone else caused that, the fact that we were able to move on and rebuild says a lot about ourselves.

What I am trying to say is that we forget what we do not like or does not look good. Oklahoma and Columbine we did not like because we caused them, so they are not remembered as well as something like WTC, were our perseverance is something to admire.

One the note of God: I would recommend watching �Inherit the Wind� (1960). It is about the public school teacher who was taken to court for teaching Darwin in a public school in Tennessee. You might remember the name from history class �The Scopes Monkey Trial.� During the trial some good questions are raised dealing with creationism and Darwinism.

If God does not exist then religion is the largest misconception in history. How many millions of bibles are sold annually? How many people say they are Christian? We should start a �Does God/god exist?� string in the debate section.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/21/03 11:51 PM
The Scopes MONKEY Trial.... i like science because i can see and touch the proof. with religion all i have is a book describing events which may or may not have happened.
Posted By: ObiWan Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/22/03 12:14 AM
Thank you for the correction BackSlash, I am too dependent on spell check.
Posted By: Drake Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/22/03 06:55 AM
neither science or relegion has provided an answer I like concerning the creation of the universe.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: happy hitler's birthday! - 04/22/03 12:41 PM
Science or religion. I simply weigh probabilities and evidence and make my opinion on the most logical answer.

Which would you go for, evolutionism with all of its loop-holes and falacies and who even darwin admitted was extremely unlikely, or creationism that HAS a lot of evidence to support it, and yet isn't proved.

For certain I believe there's a good supernatural force, and a bad supernatural force. Whether you wish to call them God and Satan and worship one or the other is a matter of choice. Perhaps if I die today I'll never go to heaven cause I haven't been worshiping God. But at least I'm not fanatical AGAINST the idea that there's a God. There's a lot of people who are, and this bugs me. I don't like it when people refuse to consider ANY idea. ANYTHING is possible, and the theory of God seems more likely than the alternatives.

Moved to debate
© UGN Security Forum