UGN Security
Posted By: MESELF MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/23/03 08:24 AM
hi guys i need some help here. i got xbox connect. first time i used it it was fine played someone across the country with no lag. then....BOOM. i play my friend--we both have 2700/256 cable connections and a ping of 70--and we have major lag on the end that is not hosting. i don't understand this. could it be my router? Here is my setup.

Computer and Xbox are going into a Gigafast EE-400R router which goes to a Toshiba cable modem. thats pretty simple. i forwarded all the right ports so i could host, and everything should be fine, right? WRONG as can be. i have no clue what do do to fix this. im gettin some pretty big packet loss and some serious lag. any suggestions guys?
Posted By: MESELF Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/23/03 08:27 AM
OOPS SORRY GUYS. SHOULDA PUT THIS IN GAMING. i couldn't see the gaming forum from where i was. my apologies.
Posted By: Crime Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/23/03 11:26 AM
yeh, the simple solution to this hole problem is, GET XBOX LIVE.

basicly MS made live to optimise xboxs online play capablitys, and im [censored] up so [censored] whatever i misspell.

also make sure you have the latest xbconnect, newest i think is Pro 3.1, oh yeh and other programs will make xbc lag...

all i have is um, pro 3.0 so if anyone needs that just PM me
Posted By: MESELF Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/23/03 09:15 PM
YEAH. I have xbox live man. but xbox live does not support HALO, the best xbox game in my mind. but i just don't understand it.
Posted By: SephiroX Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/24/03 08:44 AM
if you dont lag when you host, then just do the hosting yourself and have people join you, it seems to be better for me like that also, just set the connetion limit to 3 or 4
Posted By: MESELF Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/24/03 08:38 PM
well...see this is the problem, i want to play my friend. he is on the same cable network as me, so one of us has to host, which means the other one gets laggggggggggggggggg. plus sometimes people just quit when i host becuase they lag so bad. question: could it be msblast? i think cox cable has gotten it becuase i have about 900 ping requests from cox in less than a day. lol. maybe thats what it is.
Posted By: SephiroX Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/24/03 09:55 PM
watch out for who joins, i always boot people over 120 or something like that, i think it was lower..
Posted By: Crime Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/25/03 06:10 AM
see, xbox live doesnt have this problem....
Posted By: MESELF Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/26/03 06:08 AM
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!!!! my ping is like 65 to my friend and we get HUGE lag. i mean sometimes it halo just says that the connection was lost. its crazy. and i have xbox live so i know that it does not have this problem. well, actually it might if it is my isp that is causing the lag. 12% packet loss on one of cox HSI's routers according to dslreports.com. hmm i dunno.
Posted By: Crime Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/26/03 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MESELF:
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!!!! my ping is like 65 to my friend and we get HUGE lag. i mean sometimes it halo just says that the connection was lost. its crazy. and i have xbox live so i know that it does not have this problem. well, actually it might if it is my isp that is causing the lag. 12% packet loss on one of cox HSI's routers according to dslreports.com. hmm i dunno.
ok, what [censored] question ? i saw no question in there....

btw, whats your gamer tag ? maybe we could play sometime
Posted By: MESELF Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/27/03 05:37 AM
my original question asking for suggestions. instead you guys just come in here and say stuff that makes no sense to me. i say that me AND my friend are experiencing lag. so you tell me to host. well that does no good for my friend and doesn't provide us with a fair game. then you say get xbox live. well halo doesn't work on xbox live, plus i already have it. then you say boot ppl that are over 120. well i was playing my friend with under 70 ping. but whatever. i guess i will just wait it out and see what happens. oh and crime my gamertag is "meself". what games you wanna play?
Posted By: Ntd Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/28/03 10:04 AM
I don't know if this will help but i used to get major lag playin cs but have a ping of 200 (thats good for a 56ker) then i disabled ipx (coz my isp had a prob with that enable and so lost like 90% of my packets) and after i disabled ipz my connection was fine maybee u should see if u have config prob like i did?
Posted By: Crime Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/28/03 10:51 AM
is "Auto disconnect from global chat" set ?
Posted By: Ghost Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 08/29/03 02:26 AM
try shutting down the fire wall on your router if it has one. You could also try DMZ if your router has it
Posted By: MESELF Re: MAJOR lag in Xbox Connect - 10/04/03 11:05 AM
yea...autodisconnect is set, and i don't even know if its a "real" firewall it just blocks all ports, and i forwarded the ports i need, and i did DMZ it.
© UGN Security Forum