UGN Security
Posted By: Predator Sayonara - 06/15/02 07:15 AM
When I joined UGN (over 2 years ago), this was a great place, it was like a home to me. I did learn a lot and met a lot of great people. I've lost that feeling. I don't feel myself at home anymore. This place turned into a huge lame (look at the board how it's [censored] up, eg. all those idiot smilies, they don't belong on an underground website) place. This board became a HUGE off-topic chat place where everyone (exept for a few great people, who I respect a lot)just happily chats, in all the different forums, there are hardly any real questions asked. This isn't anything for me.

I've been thinking about this for a while now, but I never thought I would say it. With pain in my heart I will leave UGN. Saying this feels like something in me died with it. But I will keep all those beatiful moments for ever in my mind.

(This post wasn't made to offend anyone in here, it's just how I feel right now, so I ask you to not delete this topic (maybe out of the little respect for me you have))

Oh and Gizmo, I ask you to delete my useless personal information you have about me out of your UGN "crew" database.

Quote:

If mankind minus one were of one opinion, then mankind is no more justified in silencing the one than the one - if he had the power - would be justified insilencing mankind.
This is Predator, signing off.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Sayonara - 06/15/02 09:00 AM
bye papa preddy, i will miss jew frown
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Sayonara - 06/15/02 01:01 PM
ja, what a waste.

Here's why I stay. I don't expect undergroundnews to be only about tech topics. There's a frightening few amount of people I really respect here, but I still find the site as a whole to be of worth. I don't mind chat topics in general or off topic. That's what these two forums are for (there isn't really any difference IMHO). If I have a hardware question or linux related question, I post - and expect people to reply with relevent information - which they do. It's because people aren't asking the good questions that you don't see the good answers.

I'm not here for the info. I ask questions now-and-then, but that's not the main deal. I'm here to help other people with their questions - and to chat on a few chatty topics I see in general and off topic.

So everybody like predator who expects to sit back and learn from this site can go ahead and leave now. Ask questions and you will learn, answer questions and others will learn. People who sit back and don't say anything will NOT have fun here!

So really, I think down to the core of it, you left, predator, cause your best friends are gone. The content of the site has changed very little in all the time I've been here. There's still newbie questions, there's still lame questions, people still get flamed, Gizmo and Crime are the tyrants that replace the Optix and IceDog - the only difference is Gizmo's better people skills and crime's sense of humor, heh, and people do still complain. And there's still good questions, and there's still chatty questions - like there always was. Sure now we have more smiley's - but really, that is nothing.

So time passes, people come, people go, and nothing changes but the scenery. But I will miss you, and regret that you never really got back into the scene since Optix and IceDog left.

This is a new Age, and da RAGE LIVES ON!!!
Posted By: Curse Re: Sayonara - 06/16/02 04:29 AM
Am I respected? lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sayonara - 06/16/02 05:37 AM
I'm not even going to ask. But unreal is fat.
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Sayonara - 06/16/02 03:58 PM
Youve lost that loving feeling wowow that loving feelin youv lost that lovin feelin now its gone gone gone wowowoww..
Posted By: dashocker Re: Sayonara - 06/18/02 12:02 AM
hah, well looks like people arent takin you seriously. but the one person you always hated (me) will respect your decision. So l8r, good luck in future ventures.
Posted By: Mornse Re: Sayonara - 06/18/02 10:17 PM
Well Pred, you've been here ever since I joined about a year and a half ago and you've been of help to me in that time. I've always respected your knowledge and thought of you as a person I could learn from. You helped me on everything from VB to Linux. So though you don't feel you fit in, or want to be at UGN anymore, I'm sure you will have success wherever you end up. Thank you for the knowledge you have passed down to me and hopefully I might see you around in the future.
Posted By: HighLander Re: Sayonara - 06/18/02 10:28 PM
Later Pred, hopefully I'll se u around sometime, keep in contact....
Posted By: Crime Re: Sayonara - 06/19/02 08:19 PM
yeh well, just like pred, im out

later
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Sayonara - 06/19/02 09:53 PM
yeh but unlike pred you're going into the fag bergades, or army, whichever you'd like to call it.
Posted By: HighLander Re: Sayonara - 06/20/02 03:00 AM
Hey, Im in the Army
Posted By: Predator Re: Sayonara - 07/02/02 09:08 PM
Ok, lookes like i'm back already laugh

No seriously, i'll once in a while make a post on this board, but not as much as i used to.

a few replies to the replies i got:

SR: No, i don't expect a board only discussing tech questions, some off-topic chat once is a while can be nice, but this board mostly turned out in a off-topic chat place. If i want that i go to irc.

dashocker, you think i hate you cause i made fun of you for once, i don't hate you, i never did
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Sayonara - 07/02/02 10:35 PM
then ignore the general and off topic forums. That's what they're here for - junk. The other forums are still techy. Even some topics in the off topic forum are techy.

If you want to see a big discussion forum, go see RRFN and you'll find UGN a much cooler place.
Posted By: Le4rner Re: Sayonara - 07/04/02 01:40 AM
Quote:
If you want to see a big discussion forum, go see RRFN and you'll find UGN a much cooler place.

[censored] you!
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Sayonara - 07/04/02 11:56 AM
haha, ok learner, I'll be fair.

But if you guys wanna see a kick [censored] news section, RRFN is the place to be.

smile
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Sayonara - 07/04/02 03:59 PM
GRR
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Sayonara - 07/04/02 07:38 PM
heh, here's my motto. If you can't please everybody, go for second best... piss off everybody! laugh
Posted By: Paragon Re: Sayonara - 07/04/02 08:44 PM
LOL!
I'd ask what RRFN is, but I think that's a bad idea...
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Sayonara - 07/05/02 02:28 AM
I never really talked to you much pred, but I remember you helped out...i think that was you...

Yeah i think ugn has mostly turned into just a chatty kind of place. There are some cool tech topics but mostly i am just here to kind of hang out and maybe give my thoughts on something. you know actually i think i shouldn't have even posted on this one.....
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Sayonara - 07/05/02 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cold Sunn:
Yeah i think ugn has mostly turned into just a chatty kind of place.
Better than what corey wanted it to be :x.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Sayonara - 07/05/02 04:54 AM
ugn is the home of many people that cannot find friends within their own state
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Sayonara - 07/07/02 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BackSlash:
ugn is the home of many people that cannot find friends within their own state
I think that is just your home. laugh
Posted By: Gollum Re: Sayonara - 07/14/02 06:30 AM
yea, pred i hear ya...i left for a while, but i still come back just to check it out and stuff...and i'm still learning new things everyday from this place
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Sayonara - 07/14/02 03:13 PM
ha, gollum.. your back. I remembers you from along time ago... back in the day when i used someother name on these boards (forgot what it was). Nice to see ya wink . I do like RRFN, I've found alot of good info on there and since it the last I've been there (its been awhile) I think its more on subject and more help for newbies and even skilled ppl.
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: Sayonara - 07/14/02 11:07 PM
Gollum you fux0r. where the hell have you been? i havent seen you in like a year. IM or something one day. AIM Cryptoknight10
Posted By: Scallion Re: Sayonara - 07/21/02 06:44 PM
Well, another great guy leaving.

I checked back on this site today just on a whim, but now I see Predator leaving. Back about 3 years or so, I used to chill at this board a lot (I had like 300 posts man!) until I pissed Optix off and he deleted my account (gee thanks!)

I guess it was then that I realized that when the Op is a lamer, *damn* look at the crew.

Most of the people here are lamers. Most of the people that frequent "underground" sites on the web are lamers.

Predator, or any of you for that matter, if you are suprised that there are lamers flooding your boards, you must be idiots. I certainly was. The only place you're going to learn more is through books and the occasional question on IRC or a good, solid, ON TOPIC forum. Otherwise, forget it.

I think I'll post a bit more here, and if I don't see any of the intelligent fervor I saw years back when UGN had that kickass K-Base that you DID NOT HAVE TO SEARCH that had DIRECTORIES!! (IMPORTANT!!) then I'll just quietly slip away again...

Oh well. Another board lost. I'll bet RRFN is next.

-Scallion-
www.scallion.sp00fed.net
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Sayonara - 07/22/02 10:03 AM
heh, first order of business when i took over was saying "optix, [censored]"
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Sayonara - 07/22/02 12:01 PM
Be what you wanna see
© UGN Security Forum