UGN Security
Posted By: ObiWan My Internet Is Dead! - 05/10/03 07:22 PM
I think this topic goes here. I thought all of you might get a good laugh out of my misfortune/stupid mistake.

About two weeks ago I downloaded SuperScan and began scanning the school network. I was able to compile a list of what dorms have what sets of IP�s. Last night at about 1800 I notice that MSN messenger is no longer working, and that I have no network activity. Yet everyone who lives around me is unaffected. After many attempts at trying to reconnect thought various means I realize that the school has shut me down. Now, as I read the schools Internet use Policy I see that I was in violation of it. Since this happened after 1700 there is no one I can call, and I am forced to wait until Monday.

So for the remaining 35 days of class I must use other people�s computers or walk to a lab. There is one positive point, due to the fact that I am a CS TA for the school, I have 24/7 access to the CS building and labs.

So now I trust that you are all going to tell me what an idiotic blunder I have made.
Posted By: pergesu Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 01:11 AM
What an idiotic blunder you have made
Posted By: unreal Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 02:04 AM
Aye.
Posted By: Crime Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 05:36 AM
you = dumbass
Posted By: unreal Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 05:39 AM
Yeh, but don't tell anyone. Wait, did you mean ObiWan ?
Posted By: Crime Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 05:40 AM
yep, only a dumbass would scan the same network he was on
Posted By: unreal Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 05:41 AM
Yep. Anyways, cerrado!
© UGN Security Forum