UGN Security
Posted By: Tr@v3l3r Damn divx - 01/01/06 10:30 AM
i just bought civ 4, and have been unable to play it, due to divx9. the game requires you to install it, but i cant because it always says something like... "one or more bins cannot be trusted". i tried deleting it and reinstalling, but i get the same sys error. anybody have any clue what to do?!?
Posted By: jonconley Re: Damn divx - 01/01/06 05:01 PM
Only post it in one forum dammit. Even if no one responsed. I deleted your other post and left it in general. Doesn't sound like an issue w/ the game itself.

And might be more helpful if you can post the exact error message, not "something like". Take the time to do a little research and atleast let us know you took the effort to ask a good question, before we take the time and effort to give a good answer.
Posted By: Tr@v3l3r Re: Damn divx - 01/01/06 06:24 PM
ok, i tried it again, and this time wrote down what it said. 'A cabinet file necessary or instillation cannot be trusted'. i tried downloading it from the microsoft website, but i get the same error every time. i have searched the web, but only for a couple of hours, and have had no luck at all. help
Posted By: jonconley Re: Damn divx - 01/01/06 06:40 PM
OK, first off, not DivX. DirectX 9.

Second, the error message is "A Cabinet file necessary for the installation cannot be trusted"
Your new post made a search from google much more effective. As opposed to a general idea of the message and the mention of DivX.

Follow these instructions exactly!

AskLeo.Com Article .

Let us know if that fixes the problem or not.

Good luck.
Posted By: Spyrios Re: Damn divx - 01/01/06 06:59 PM
how long did that take you? long enough to type it into google?

yeah he looked real hard.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Damn divx - 01/01/06 10:47 PM
I was wondering what the [censored] DivX would have to do with Civ4 lol... Figured they perhaps encoded their movies or some [censored]... But makes sense about DirectX considering DirectX is a M$ product whereas DivX is not and the error is a window$ issue...
© UGN Security Forum