UGN Security
Posted By: Dreadlord Java + VB Dissambler - 02/27/03 11:27 AM
Does any1 know a good Java and VB Dissambler?
For VB proggram i need VBRUN300.DLL so its 3.0 or something, aye?
And for Java dunno which version, the proggram is from 2000 year.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 02/27/03 08:41 PM
There aren't any Java disassemblers
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 02/27/03 11:52 PM
Dang, and i really need one.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 02/28/03 03:31 AM
Why? Can't you just write the code yourself?
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 02/28/03 06:42 PM
Cause its big and its client/server type and i don't know [censored] bout it frown
Posted By: pergesu Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 02/28/03 11:09 PM
Why do you need the code?
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/01/03 09:49 AM
LOL = heres the full story.
Once upon a time, there was a great game called Diaspora. Then Diaspora died out of viruses and worms. Now i want to make a NEW Diaspora, to replace the old one - as its really cool. And i don't know [censored] bout server/client and RPG System (xp, health, mana, attribs and similiar.) I only want to see how it looks like as i am planning to code it in C++ once i learn it smile
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/01/03 10:05 AM
So what you're saying is that you're going to violate their copyright to the game and make your own version of it... You may want to ask for their permission, if you're lucky you may even get approval/source code information.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/01/03 02:04 PM
oh shove off lol. We all would love to see the source of some game out there and improve on it. smile
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/01/03 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
So what you're saying is that you're going to violate their copyright to the game and make your own version of it... You may want to ask for their permission, if you're lucky you may even get approval/source code information.
I am not an idiot. Theres one lil problem: They are shattered and no1 actually know how to contact them nor where they are...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/01/03 07:25 PM
Well DL, thats your problem, they still own a binding copywrite on the program that theive released for (I believe) 20 years after its final release.

If you're going to make a game feel free to BASE it LIKE their game (for instance, EverQuest was based off of The Realm, yet now there are no ties, and everone on either game laughs at the others), don't make their game and update it, make your own, be original...
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/02/03 08:40 AM
I said just to see how the code goes, an example could be a good word. It will completly be different. Only the same theme (Take a ship, fly, trade 'n' fight)
Posted By: pergesu Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/02/03 06:33 PM
This is pointless. There is no Java disassembler, so it really doesn't matter what you want to do.

Can someone please close this?
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/02/03 09:41 PM
Actually Gizmo asked me, so i answered him - not my fault :p laugh
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Java + VB Dissambler - 03/03/03 12:09 AM
Why not make a game BASED on it, from scratch... Java code will be completely differant than C++ I believe. In any case, topic closed per request.
© UGN Security Forum