UGN Security
Posted By: ? UGN Rules - 11/17/03 02:48 AM
Quote from Website

"Welcome to Underground News... Dare To Take The Road to Knowledge, Power and Information! This is one of the few security sites that does not restrict their news and information. We let our users decide on what they deem appropriate. Some material may be offensive to some and not to others, so continue at your own discretion."

Quote from Rules

Users are why we're all here; they make UGN Security worth being at. With the BBS being fairly real time we have to have rules.
We work on a 3 strikes and you're gone outlook. If you are banned you will only be allowed back in certain circumstances.
Only post only once per subject; if you mass post you will be warned.
Do not harass others. We are against "flame wars" if you have beef with someone take it up with them in Private Messages. You will be warned for flames.
Do not harass the moderators, you will be warned.
Do not abuse the BBS code, any exploiting of the BBS code will result in your address mask banned. This will mean that anyone using your IP mask will not be allowed here.
Refrain from registering more than 1 nickname. If you register more than 1 nickname you will be warned.
UGN is an ENGLISH ONLY server. If English is not your primary language we suggest that you start learning. Making posts in anything other than English will result in a warning.

Isn't this a little hypocritical? I understand you have to have certain rules like no more than 1 account an [censored] like that but what the [censored] is up with the 3 strike system. I got warned cause i made fun of a kid who asked about "MS DOS hacking". I mean, it's cool an all but I see some mods here closing down topics for no reason and using authority whenever they can which I personally don't like. My question is, can i really post whatever I want, and I do mean whatever, without getting bugged by a mod or getting email from Gizmo?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Rules - 11/17/03 08:07 AM
We let the users deem on what information they want on the site, however it has to follow a LEGAL standpoint.

If you violate the rules and can't get along with users we get rid of you.

We don't like people posting 20 topics that are EXACTLY the same.

We don't like flamewar's, their annoying and pointless, it's like being in the special olympics.

The moderators have all the power to ban users from their forums, and have the right to.

We've had users attempting to abuse the code structure of the BBS; why, i have no clue...

Whats the point of owning 30 nicknames when you don't use them?

If all the staff primarly speak english and german, whats the point of someone postin in afgani? we can't read it, therefore we can't moderate the discussion.

So long as what you post is LEGAL it's fine, if it's ILLEGAL it will be closed and you will be warned or banned dependin on the severity.
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: UGN Rules - 11/17/03 08:18 AM
No, you can't post whatever you want, because it's not your server. You don't pay for it and you don't pay the legal fees if Gizmo gets sued for providing illegal information to the public or endangering people's safety because of what you post.

Stop griping, no offense intended, and be happy for the gift that was given to you.
Posted By: ? Re: UGN Rules - 11/17/03 08:52 AM
Gizmo: I can respect that answer. I did kind of make the same comment, anything that doesn't hurt the board or abuse it. I just have a problem with authority and anybody who has it, hehe.

Scallion: if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything at all.
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: UGN Rules - 11/17/03 09:00 AM
Obviously you can't read english you little [censored] turd, I said "no offense intended" and you took offense.

If you don't like the service provided, [censored] off and leave.
Posted By: ? Re: UGN Rules - 11/17/03 09:12 AM
who's get offended man, I'm not. I jus asked a simple question which has a lot to do with UGN and it's history and other [censored] you wouldn't know nothing about. I'm not complaining either. I simply pointed out that I noticed that on the front page but the rules kind of go against it.

And to prove my point, Gizmo had to edit my post cause I put ur name in there. See what I mean, is it my fault you don't know how to protect your privacy online? Did I break any of the rules? Is it against the law to say somebody's real name? No, then why did my message get edited?
Posted By: sinetific Re: UGN Rules - 11/17/03 09:25 AM
Quote:
We let our users decide on what they deem appropriate.
The moderators here are the main users, thats how we got to become mods/admins, and since we do the most work around here to keep this site maintained. We have the most say into what is appropriate.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Rules - 11/17/03 11:47 AM
:nod:
Posted By: §intå× Re: UGN Rules - 11/20/03 11:26 AM
heh, ? has 48 posts at his last post on this topic. Check some of the mods posts. I agree with sinetific, The main users on here do decide on what goes and what dosen't As a 3 year member now I think the staff dose a kick [censored] job here. It is really funny to see people gripe about the rules or say [censored] UGN. If that user gets banned they so beg to come back. Must not be such a bad place.

However you slice it you will get more here than most boards. It is a common ground in which many of us meet. There are so many people on here with thier own sites to run and maintain. We all meet here and new guys get to benifit. The only thing I think that needs to change here is INOS... heh he he

Gizzy we need to talk shop man. I have a cool idea/game to link all users sites in 1 big hacker game but I need peoples help. It will be game in that the hack will pose no real threat to anyones server.
Posted By: ? Re: UGN Rules - 11/20/03 02:31 PM
Sintax: I've been a member of UGN since sometime around 2000, when BlackBeard ran it. I've done so much for UGN in form of articles, tutorials, ideas, new boards, irc lectures, and I've answered about a million questions and helped out everybody as much as I could. I was even a mod a few times, even after Giz took over. I don't have 48 posts, hehe. I prolly got more post on UGN then a few of the mods here put together. And again, I don't know how many times I gotta stress this. I wasn't bitchin about the rules, I jus merely pointed out that those two statements were contradictions.

DamienAK
Posted By: Gremelin Re: UGN Rules - 11/20/03 02:45 PM
Learner, you have my # and my aim, i'm always there...
Posted By: §intå× Re: UGN Rules - 11/20/03 09:35 PM
DamienAK

My bad man. heh, I rember you!

Learner
© UGN Security Forum