UGN Security
Everyone knows gmail is invite only. In order to get a gmail invite you need to send an invitation to a non gmail address and then sign up. Well you could use your hotmail, yahoo, and other email addresses to get multiple accounts, or just send the invites to address that dont exist and the bounce backs will contain the link to sign up new accounts which you can just click on and register with from the bounce back error message. Simple and stupid but easier than signing up for accounts on other free services to get more gmail accounts.
GMail is no longer invite only. You just need a cellphone with text messaging or access to a cellphone with it. GMail sends the autorization code to your cellphone via SMS.

However, you are right about still being able to send invites. They allow this for ppl w/o access to cell phones.

So good point, just giving a heads up to ppl that its public now if you don't have an account.
funny, i used to be able to send gmail invites to my gmail account lol...
I still am able to send GMail invites to my GMail account. It works fine... Perhaps they changed it.
© UGN Security Forum