UGN Security
Posted By: SilentRage IRC Server Announcement - 03/19/03 12:41 AM
The server will be down tomorrow morning starting at 9:00 AM CST. That time of morning is usually dead, so that's when I decided to do it. The server will remain down while I install a second harddrive and format this one and setup a RAID-0 between the two drives. I predict this may take no more than an hour. After that the server will be up, but may experience reboots as I reinstall my favorite programs. I'll time these reboots during inactive periods.

This will result in double harddrive capacity (from 40 to 80 gigs) and, because of the RAID, harddrive access times will be cut in half.

Of course, there's a possibility that it may not occur tomorrow if my boss decides to be a [censored] and make me work all day.
Posted By: Crime Re: IRC Server Announcement - 03/19/03 03:51 PM
nice
Posted By: pergesu Re: IRC Server Announcement - 03/19/03 10:52 PM
It's 4:52 PM CST. I told you Murphy's Law would apply wink
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IRC Server Announcement - 03/19/03 11:26 PM
On-line since 03/19/2003 14:24:14

That is returned from the /Info command on the server. It's been up longer than you think. Also, I didn't start on it until around 12:00 PM cause I had to work this morning. Then there was a few reboots to account for the later "On-line Since".

But nothing happened. All the good I've done today is find out that my motherboard did NOT have RAID built in, and that I installed the second harddrive, and moved my page file to the second drive for improved performance.
© UGN Security Forum