UGN Security
Posted By: ? No Password. No Problem. - 04/01/04 02:21 PM
It still surprises me to see how many things you can find that are not password protected. A couple of years ago Screamer found some Printers that were not password protected and we played around with them. You can change all kinds of [censored] on them but they were still just printers. Actually Screamer got an article about that published in 2600 (an me an unreal got shoutouts woot!). But recently I've been doing a lot of scanning and I came up with all kinds of [censored] that was not password protected. Jus let nmap search the web randomly for a few hours for port 80 or 23 and you'll see what I mean. (nmap -sS -r -iR 0 -p 23,80) A lot of the new devices that you buy nowadays like printers, routers, wireless routers, webcams, etc. come with webservers on them. Some devices might still use telnet (hence searching for port 23). But a majority of devices have web servers installed rite on them and activated by default. Most people who go to bestbuy to get a router so they can share internet on two computers will be happy to get it to work and won't worry but security. If you scan subnets of ISPs you will come across a ton of routers and modems. Defaults passwords are readily available (http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html). All this is cool an all but why mess around with routers and printers? If you're asking yourself that you might not know some of the things they do nowadays. Some printers out there have memory which you can use to store files that can incriminate you sure as, source code to a virus, CC numbers, etc. Routers can come in handy too. The more you scan around the more fun things you will find. Don't believe me? Then I might be forced to DoS you of the net with my T1 line which I control now cause I found a device (Vina Tech elink 216) that was not password protected and allows pings (you can select the number of times and packet size) and traceroutes to be performed rite through their nice web-based GUI. As you can see, scanning around for these devices can have some rewards.

dak
Posted By: Gremelin Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/01/04 02:40 PM
Try living in Portland, theres WAP's everywhere...
Posted By: ? Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/01/04 02:59 PM
giz, where I'm at we chalk all WAP's. When you find a AP you chalk the curb in front of the house or office. anybody else do that?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/01/04 03:17 PM
We just get map's, or arial photos of the area, and highlight them off...
Posted By: Infinite Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/01/04 10:24 PM
I've chalked a couple, but not very many.
Posted By: ? Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/02/04 02:58 AM
there's a website that has GPS maps from all over the country with APs. I forget the URL but it's pretty cool.
Posted By: pergesu Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/02/04 03:37 AM
whoa...fun stuff
Posted By: jonconley Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/02/04 07:48 AM
netstumblers official site I think?

I will make you ppl google for the link
Posted By: ? Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/02/04 08:18 AM
noooooooooooo. Not Goggle!!!
Posted By: weeve Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/02/04 09:07 AM

Wardriving

World War Drive, every year, it ge...been a avid watcher of this bomb event.

The Wifi Meetup

Wigle, So Close to Wobble

My contribution to this post, I'm to much of a geek over wardriving, wifi, and ap hacking to even start on a post:) I'd get all geeky lame, and trust me. None of you want that here:]
Posted By: unitedstatesfunk Re: No Password. No Problem. - 02/10/06 12:54 PM
[EDITED BY Gizmo]: No, we will not hold your dick and teach you how to hack hotmail; try reading the rules you dingleberry... Additionally, if you pull this bullshit again you'll be banned.
Posted By: HighLander Re: No Password. No Problem. - 02/10/06 11:04 PM
We at UGN will not help you hack hotmail, nor do we condone it, you noobs really do gotta quit coming in here and asking stupid questions.
Posted By: §intå× Re: No Password. No Problem. - 02/10/06 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unitedstatesfunk:
[EDITED BY Gizmo]: No, we will not hold your dick and teach you how to hack hotmail; try reading the rules you dingleberry... Additionally, if you pull this bullshit again you'll be banned.
I got a pm from this guy saying

programmershaven.com {<=== was a link} the best programming site on the net.

Dude, you have a good site and there fore might be cool and worthy of knowlege, but chill. Do not try so hard. As for hacking hotmail... It is lame and illeagle. This is a public BBS any one who helps you is easily tracked and arrested. It is kind of an insult to ask.

As for stuff not pwd protected, I have at least 15 wifi routers in my apartment complex with SSID of linksys, psswd of admin, no login... No encryption.

Knopix STD is awsome here laugh
Posted By: Gremelin Re: No Password. No Problem. - 02/12/06 01:15 AM
Yeh, he's been banned due to spam.
Posted By: 10100101 Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/14/06 08:48 AM
Quote:
I found a device (Vina Tech elink 216) that was not password protected and allows pings (you can select the number of times and packet size) and traceroutes to be performed rite through their nice web-based GUI. As you can see, scanning around for these devices can have some rewards.

dak
Whats the default username/password.

I have one lying around, but I can't do anything with it. Since the company that made it doesn't exist anymore I have not been able to find any info on this.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: No Password. No Problem. - 04/15/06 06:34 AM
generally if it's not password protected (such as the default) the password wouldn't be anything, just a simple hit of the "enter" key would process a blank password...
© UGN Security Forum