UGN Security
Posted By: Cereal Killer Need some help here - 09/09/02 12:50 AM
Hey all, just found this site about 30mins ago, and I was wondering if anyone could teach me either whatever they can, or the very basics.

Thanks in advance,

Cereal Killer
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 01:13 AM
i dont think i can help you, your from canida...naw im just playing. try asking slightly better questions, read a bunch of text files, a hell of a lot of posts and go to many links then you will know a hell of a lot more about everything in genneral then you do now
Posted By: Infinite Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 03:08 AM
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone could teach me either whatever they can, or the very basics
OMG, dude! Lmao, you realize your gonna be here reading texts files and manuals for at least the next year solid assuming that anyone here is even willing to talk that long. You gotta start learning on your own, we're just here to answer some questions and relate some experience.

sum
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 12:45 PM
The basics of cutting and pasting...

Take mouse (the hand held thingy with a wire and buttons) into your dominant hand. Point arrow thingy on your desktop. The desktop is the picture you see when you turn on the computer and wait until everything stops moving. Now click the right button (left button if you're left handed), and a popup menu will show up (that grayish square box with words on it). Click "New" with your left button (right if you're left handed) and you'll see another SUBMENU display (a grayish square box beside the first one) including the word "Text Document" on it. Click it with the left button (right if left handed). Now there's a new picture thingy on your desktop! (I know this might be confusing, but bear with me.) Right click the new picture on your desktop (left if right handed) and click the "Copy" word on the resulting gray MENU like you did on that other gray MENU. Now right-click (left if right handed) the desktop again and click the "Paste" word again like you did before.

You've just done the basics of copying and pasting!
Posted By: Cereal Killer Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 06:47 PM
K thanks all. Now I just have to read and read. It'll be boring, but worth it, I'll bet.
Posted By: ohfuk Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 07:10 PM
this is too funny
Posted By: tuatboaac Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 07:26 PM
take gun. insert bullet. aim at head. pull trigger. repeat as necessary.

problem solved. and the gene pool just got that much deeper.
Posted By: Curse Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 07:44 PM
If firearm is not available, drink chemicals from under the kitchen sink... Or, go out and buy "Steal This Computer Book 2", it is great...
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Need some help here - 09/09/02 09:29 PM
it amazes me that people like this actually manage to find us...
Posted By: Curse Re: Need some help here - 09/10/02 05:01 AM
Yeah... You'd think if they could use a seach engine to find the site, then maybe they could use it a second time and find the infomation they desire...
Posted By: Asteos Re: Need some help here - 09/12/02 05:42 PM
SilentRage you [censored] genious! How did you learn all those amazing things about copy and paste? I thought only a select few were privileged enough to posess such knowledge! WOWZURS!!

Here are my two cents: Download (or buy) and install linux, die of confusion when you don't know what to do with it, come back to life and study it, learn it, love it, program it, but most importantly: don't abuse it lol. And even more importantly, have fun with it. Then buy a [censored] load of reading material. Online tutorials are good, but actual books are better. Or if you're like me you could steal them from your local library, shopping malls, and from various chip-heads in your area. Overclock all the chips in your computer for maximum preformance. Read the chapter about Unix security and apply all of it. Don't forget the man pages. Come back when you're ready for lesson 2 :-)
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Need some help here - 09/12/02 08:06 PM
wink hey dude, you haven't seen nothing yet. I was just giving him the BASICS of cutting and pasting. I thought it might be a little too much if I went into MULTIPLE copy/paste files at ONE TIME!! Elmers Glue ain't got nothing on me...
© UGN Security Forum