UGN Security
Posted By: masterh4x0r89 How to do a DOS attack - 12/19/03 07:36 AM
so all i have to do is use telnet to connect to a server and the run DOS and type in ping -t? :rolleyes:
Posted By: sinetific Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/19/03 07:58 AM
no DOS and DoS are completely different. MSDOS, Microsofts's disk operating system, is an OS. While DoS, Denail of service, is a type of attack that people make against computers. It is usually done by flooding the server with packets not allowing it to establish a connection with any other computer, there for denying people service.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/19/03 12:12 PM
DOS = Operating System (or used to be)
DoS = Denial of Service

Where ping is the main protocol used in denial of service, you will not be able to flood someone offline with windows ping on 56k through DOS.
Posted By: Vechen Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/19/03 12:20 PM
ROFL. This is definately one for the hall of fame. This guy called masterh4x0r comes and asks about a DoS but gets it mixed up with DOS. I would refrain from thinking your a total idiot if your name wasnt masterh4x0r.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/19/03 02:40 PM
Whoa...I'm impressed the name masterh4x0r totally instills fear in me. I hope he doesn't use DOS on me!!!
Posted By: Vechen Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/20/03 02:35 AM
Better watch out or I might ping you!
Posted By: acid45 Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/20/03 01:35 PM
Old firewall flooders did the same thing didn't they. Send many packets to flood the wall then shut it down?
Posted By: Machievelli Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/26/03 09:15 AM
Yeah, that's what they did before firewalls beefed up their security...and even i'm not dumb enough to confuse DOS and DoS...and as an intelligent response...It's a bit more than just telneting to a host and ping them....if you have a slow computer, then it's not going to do much good, becuase they'll probably recover faster...if you're on cable (as most web servers are), it takes a LOT of pings to shut you down.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: How to do a DOS attack - 12/26/03 09:59 AM
Most webservers are on cable? That's doubtful; most ISP's don't allow webservers.
© UGN Security Forum