UGN Security
Posted By: Kafarm HELP: Radio broadcasting behind a firewall? - 12/29/03 03:30 AM
Hi! I want to make a radio station on my computer, but I'm behind a firewall. I tried with SHOUTCAST SERVER, but i can't make a radio station with this program. Or can I? Does anyone know, how to make a radio station behind a firewall? Mail me plz.
Do you have access to the firewall? If so then just open the port up that the server runs on. If you don't have access then you could always use one of the ports that's already open. But more than likely if you can't get in and forward a port on the firewall then you are screwed.

Infinite
Posted By: Ice Re: HELP: Radio broadcasting behind a firewall? - 12/29/03 11:13 AM
Yup, infinite pretty much answered your question.

The other solution is to find a free radio station that accepts diffrent shows on diffrent times. Make a demo mp3 and send it to them. If they like your show, you send them a mp3 every week, and lets say u get 1 hour every thursdays.

Thats the only other way i know of. Btw, opening ports isnt hard at all, just read the manual it came with.

On Linksys, its epecially easy, 2-3 clicks and your set.
© UGN Security Forum