UGN Security
Posted By: RedArrow Help with a nasty virus - 09/10/03 11:47 PM
My colleges computer is based on a network.And some fool has broken into our server and put a virus that traps your loggin.Once u put in ur username and pw, it takes right bck to the very same screen and repeats this again and again so it seems you arent logged on at all, so u move to another computer...alas you are logged into too many systems at the same time.Does ne1 have ne adive that would help me fix my colleges troubles? Really appreciate any input.

RedArrow
Posted By: D347H Re: Help with a nasty virus - 09/11/03 10:24 AM
well, which os-server/client is it?
Posted By: acid_drop Re: Help with a nasty virus - 09/12/03 12:13 AM
One for those novell things no doubt.
Posted By: paradox Re: Help with a nasty virus - 09/15/03 05:16 AM
It's a novel password capture program which went wrong because the person who made it was to stupid to realise that you have to pass the values to the original box.. either that or they just wanted to piss people off.. What you could do is boot into console mode and check the logs and see who has been accessing files etc.. But yeah it all depends on the methods used.. thats why u need logging smile you can look for suspicous behaviour. Your system admins job is to do that.. and if your the system admin then you should have known about it before it was implemented wink
© UGN Security Forum