UGN Security
Posted By: Javi Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 07/27/05 04:59 PM
Let's start off with the understanding that;
I'm an [censored]. K? Great. smile

Anyways, I've got this program that works through this chain of HTTP Proxies to 'hide' an IP. I also know how to connect to a Proxy manually, blah blah.

But, here's where the '[censored]' part comes in.
Me and a couple of friends entered this chat and just spammed it with random crap. I wanted to get banned, see if it works.

By the way, this program's called 'SocksChain'

Anyway. I got banned. All good and done.
But, with that chain thing 'changing' ever 10 seconds, I couldn't get back in.
So I tried manually connecting to a server.
Still couldn't get back in.

I can't change my IP directly 'cause I'm on a wireless router network.

So... What exactly does an IP ban do? It doesn't just ban the proxy that you're currently on? Yeah. I tried google, but all it told me was that IP Bans... well... ban the IP. x.x
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 07/27/05 06:48 PM
An IP ban will ban the IP that is being broadcasted through your connection; You should check, while running the program, on http://www.whatismyip.com to be sure it's actually broadcasting your proxy vs your real ip (as if you're behind a network it may try to take the IP of your router).
Posted By: Javi Re: Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 07/27/05 08:11 PM
Ack.
It doesn't broadcast my Router IP. Just my normal one. Though, with the chain up, it STILL broadcasts my normal one.
If I change proxy, it'll broadcast that one, but I'm still banned.

Hm. Could it have been a computer-ban? O-o
Do those even exist? x.x
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 07/27/05 10:07 PM
It would be by IP only; unless you're talking about IRC then it could be either your IP, nickname, or "name" in your irc client.
Posted By: Javi Re: Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 07/28/05 03:08 AM
Nope, nope.
It was some java chat.

And, of course, I tried to log into through a different name after connecting to proxy or hiding it behind a chain of them.
Posted By: sinetific Re: Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 07/29/05 02:40 AM
java chat usually is just a frontend for an irc server. Our java chat client is a front end for our irc server. Also many irc servers have proxy detection and will ban you if you connect from a proxy.
Posted By: Javi Re: Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 07/30/05 02:16 PM
Ahh. I see.
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: Nubletmeister Strikes!! - 08/02/05 06:31 PM
hey java where is this Ploof place that you say your from. I have actually heard a guy at uni talk about it just last week and he said that it is a code for a real place.
© UGN Security Forum