UGN Security
Posted By: Unbro9 Command - 03/09/07 02:39 AM
When is string search algorithm useful?. Is it more effective than boolean terms?.
Posted By: Unbro9 Re: Command - 03/09/07 10:08 AM
The example of how i want to use it is...I want to use it in this"searchstring -config and viola".

Thanxs
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Command - 03/09/07 05:51 PM
What exactly is this for?
Posted By: Unbro9 Re: Command - 03/10/07 12:33 AM
I have heard you can use the "searchstring -config and viola". that will show sites that display password.db to the public.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Command - 03/10/07 01:23 AM
Different search engines, or search parameter engines, use different parameters, so it would be different dependant on what you where doing.

For example, using Google you can search (repeat exactly as shown):
"password.db"

And it'll search for the words "password" and "db" right next to eachother (most search engines filter out special characters).

You should read up on "Google Hacking"; it's quite a popular subject.

One of my favorites is something similar to:
"gizmo" -site:undergroundnews.com -site:ubbdev.com

And it'll search for the term, excluding the sites you specify.
Posted By: Unbro9 Re: Command - 03/10/07 10:38 AM
Awhile back, I was looking for an episode of "callforhelptv". I decided to use "exsample site:www.callforhelptv.com". Exsample is the keyword.I read about the "searchstring option online, after doing some additional research, and not finding anything relevant. I decided to post here.

-Thanks again
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Command - 03/10/07 09:00 PM
yeh I definately think that googling "google hacking" would be useful wink...
Posted By: Unbro9 Re: Command - 03/11/07 06:16 PM
Actually, I looked through "google hacking" awhile back. I believe it was at bares and noble, i think.

Thanks for the advice
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Command - 03/11/07 07:57 PM
There should be plenty of free articles online vs buying a book wink
Posted By: Unbro9 Re: Command - 03/14/07 11:24 PM
I decided to do a simple intitle: "index of" password file...search and I came up with a bunch of results that turned out to be a config file that has a syntax..I decided to use searchstring -config, an i got a list of sites that display passwerd.db to the public...
© UGN Security Forum