UGN Security
Posted By: Paragon An IE tweak - 07/04/02 08:56 PM
I want to change my "Favorites" to "Bookmarks."
I want the Favs. menu to say bookmarks, and I want the list items in the menu to say "Add new Bookmark," etc. Anyone know how to do that?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: An IE tweak - 07/04/02 10:55 PM
I searched all through the registry and didn't find a way to change it. It would require modifying the IE executeable itself.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: An IE tweak - 07/04/02 11:00 PM
nevermind, I checked the executeable. I don't think it's in there. I'm looking...
Posted By: dashocker Re: An IE tweak - 07/04/02 11:11 PM
umm, why?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: An IE tweak - 07/05/02 01:37 AM
the answer is beyond you grasshopper.

IE is so integrated into windows, who knows where it builds the menu's from. Usually the menu's are a resource file stored somewhere - but this does not have to be the case.
Posted By: Paragon Re: An IE tweak - 07/05/02 11:41 AM
Hrmm. Sounds like this could be a pain in the [censored].
I want to find a way though. Perhaps if I could use SoftICE....I'll go check that thread now.
Posted By: dashocker Re: An IE tweak - 07/05/02 11:15 PM
i r not a grass-hopper! why do u want to do this? seems pointless to me. Why go throught all that trouble just for that? IMO anyway...
L8r
Posted By: Paragon Re: An IE tweak - 07/06/02 02:47 PM
I dislike the term favorites. It's inaccurate. Some of them are just bookmarks, not favorite sites.
Besides, if I can find out how to do it, I'll have learned something.

A guy I know suggested to check the .dlls.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: An IE tweak - 07/07/02 11:40 AM
been there done that. It is not stored in any file within the Internet Explorer folder. I did a text search through all the files for "Favorites". No likely matches. However, this may only be because the text is in unicode - which means there's a null character in between every letter. So go ahead.
Posted By: Paragon Re: An IE tweak - 07/08/02 12:07 PM
Oy! Never mind.
Posted By: mtlhd Re: An IE tweak - 07/13/02 06:24 AM
I know how you can change from favorites to bookmarks. It uses bookmarks instead of favorites . Download opera :p
© UGN Security Forum