UGN Security
Posted By: yogesh Enquiry - 10/08/05 12:57 PM
HI,guys im back again.When i try to telnet to hosts,lets say,yahoo.com,it would blink and produce the massage "host not found",or something like that.Is that my ISP blocking the enquiry or there are no more hosts that relent telnetting.And one more favour,can i get a unix shell account cheap that allows backgroungd process?.Fanx, i mean thankx!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Enquiry - 10/08/05 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yogesh:
HI,guys im back again.
Ummmmm, hi?

Quote:
When i try to telnet to lets say, yahoo.com, it would blink and produce the massage "host not found",or something like that.
Where it'll be rare that you'll find a telnet port open at a host; let alone one which would be possible to connect to openly without authentication; you must be able to know how to communicate with the port you are accessing.

For example, when connecting via Telnet to yahoo.com I recieve:
Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\Gizmo>telnet yahoo.com
Connecting To yahoo.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
Why do I recieve this message? Because Yahoo doesn't have Telnet enabled on "yahoo.com" (which would be port 23); as stated previously, it'll be rare to find one which has telnet open due to the insecurity of the protocol compared to others such as SSH which allows encrypted data transfers.

Quote:
And one more favour,can i get a unix shell account cheap that allows backgroungd process?
None of us are going to give some "random guy" who asks on the forums a shell on our machines; we however do use the provider Reverse.net for our IRC servers.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Enquiry - 10/08/05 04:44 PM
I agree with this post
Posted By: §intå× Re: Enquiry - 10/10/05 09:37 PM
why not get a linux distro? Better yet why not get knopix and learn what you need using that?
© UGN Security Forum