UGN Security
Posted By: Cowboy_tx IP Tracking - 07/03/02 09:56 PM
Is there a tool out there that would allow me to track who is behind an IP address? Who the user is?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IP Tracking - 07/03/02 10:11 PM
It'd be impossible to see "John Doe is the user of this computer". Instead some utilities tell you the geographical location of the user, their isp, and some other information. For this i use Visual Route, its fairly powerful and has a nice GUI. Their site is: http://www.visualware.com/visualroute/index.html
Posted By: mtlhd Re: IP Tracking - 07/04/02 12:25 AM
Run --> Command --> tracert <insert_ip> :p
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IP Tracking - 07/04/02 12:02 PM
Actually, many times the person's name would be in his netbios info. You can learn how to use nbtstat to get their computer name and currently logged on user name.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IP Tracking - 07/04/02 04:07 PM
Ahh true... All of my computers have my aliases :x.
Posted By: Mornse Re: IP Tracking - 07/05/02 06:40 AM
You can also do a reverse DNS and find out the ISP, which will give you some more info on who it could be. Such as location and so on.
Posted By: Jonquiere Re: IP Tracking - 09/04/02 10:10 AM
Yeah, there is a tool, for tracking IP addresses on a website, if thats what you want.
-------------------------------------------------
Code:
http://www.geocities.com/alpha453/tracker.txt
This program is to track people on your website. If they are on idle, it will log them out after a certain amount of time.
Posted By: Julian Re: IP Tracking - 09/22/02 08:03 PM
well, all you have to do is go to msdos then type netstat -n see all the ips there than directly connect to someone and go back to netstat -n and you will see a new ip belonging to that person
Posted By: Curse Re: IP Tracking - 09/22/02 08:16 PM
Julian, he was not asking how to accquire an IP Address, he was asking how to track someone and find out personal infomation from their IP Address.
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: IP Tracking - 09/22/02 08:18 PM
but he didnt ask how to get the ip(through aim)he asked if you could find out who the person was using their ip
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: IP Tracking - 09/22/02 08:19 PM
curse posted while i was typing
Posted By: pergesu Re: IP Tracking - 09/22/02 08:20 PM
Dude, that's what Curse just said. You gotta read the posts just like Julian
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: IP Tracking - 09/22/02 08:21 PM
CURSE POSTED WHILE I WAS TYPING MY POST, jesus maybe you gotta read a little
Posted By: pergesu Re: IP Tracking - 09/22/02 10:19 PM
Type faster then smile
Posted By: BackSlash Re: IP Tracking - 09/23/02 07:04 PM
"Dude, that's what Curse just said. You gotta read the posts just like Julian" heh, seems to me you need to read the posts
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IP Tracking - 09/23/02 08:07 PM
Would anybody else like to join this embarrassing conversation full of stupid flames? Sometimes I wish I could reach out and smack someone through my monitor.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: IP Tracking - 09/27/02 06:44 AM
yeah a lots of programs can do that, but you need to be more professional and high skilled yourself if you want the name of the user and so on and on, and you can do this whithout usin anything else but CMD. I also used Visual Route, it's good, but there are some more good ones, like NeoTrace, NeoWax or something like that.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: IP Tracking - 09/28/02 05:33 PM
ya, i have neotrace
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: IP Tracking - 09/28/02 06:19 PM
yeah me too, but peoples talkin like NMAP is much better, so i'm downloadin it right NOW.

P.S. BackSlash, do you know any proramming ?
© UGN Security Forum