UGN Security
Posted By: xero printer problem - 01/13/03 05:57 AM
I have HP DeskJet 812C, and I was out of ink for awhile, both color and black, so I decided to throw the empty cartridges away. Now I have bought a new black ink cartridge, but since the color cartridge slot is empty, the blinking light is telling me that I am out of ink, and therefore refuses to print anything, including B&W documents. I do not wish to buy a new color ink catridge merely to get the black ink working. Is there anyway I can still print without there being a color ink cartridge inside the printer? Any suggestions would help.

... and yes, I am very poor indeed and I do not wish to buy a color ink cartridge :X
Posted By: pergesu Re: printer problem - 01/13/03 10:57 AM
Get an empty color cartridge from somewhere and stick that in.
Posted By: fleshwound Re: printer problem - 01/13/03 11:27 AM
hey.. nice printer! (i have that exact same one!) hehehe... umm.. you could always steal a color ink cartridge.. or beg your parents for the money.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: printer problem - 01/13/03 08:59 PM
ink is to damn expensive
Posted By: dashocker Re: printer problem - 01/13/03 09:36 PM
whered you find a single black cartridge? corporate america no longer sells them separately.
Posted By: pergesu Re: printer problem - 01/13/03 11:30 PM
Huh? The sell them separately all the time. See, one box has the color cartridge in it and the other has a black cartridge in it. Separate
Posted By: xero Re: printer problem - 01/14/03 12:29 AM
oy i just received a reply from email support rep saying i need both to for my printer to function... sigh. There goes another 40 bucks wasted.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: printer problem - 01/14/03 12:49 AM
my printer has a seperate cartridge for black, red, blue, and yellow, the idea is that you replace each one when it runs out without having to replace the others which might still be half full.
Posted By: Infinite Re: printer problem - 01/14/03 06:22 AM
I was looking around for a solution to this when I found an article that might interest some of you. It's not really on topic, but it does have to d owith these printers.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=HP+DeskJet+812C&start=50&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=9b9f9sk29fragc42c96s9cemkh4deegmbd%404ax.com&rnum=60

Infinite
Posted By: sinetific Re: printer problem - 01/14/03 08:31 AM
xero:
go here: http://fixyourownprinter.com
and ask them. if there is a way they would know. thats your best bet.
Posted By: dashocker Re: printer problem - 01/14/03 09:47 PM
nah, at BestBuy all they have is a combo pack.
Posted By: pergesu Re: printer problem - 01/15/03 08:39 PM
There's more than one store that sells ink cartridges in the US
© UGN Security Forum