UGN Security
Hi everyone i am pretty new to building PCs. I can do the basics e.g. Change GFX cards, format hard drives etc. but now i want to upgrade my processor. I have a pile of [censored] MB (Elite K7S5a!) which runs at an FSB of 266mhz but i know now havin researched a bit that most new processors use FSB 33mhz. The higgest 266mhz FSB athlon XP i can find is the 2400+ but i know that there are 2600+ out there so im wondering if any1 knows where i can get one... ?

Also, is it really worth upgrading my processor? i have an Athlon XP1600+ so would i notice a real performance hike if i switched to an XP2400+ or the XP2600+? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sorry i meant to say FSB 333mhz not 33mhz!
I had a 1700+ processor and I just got a 2800+ barton core and I have noticed a pretty good proformance jump in it. I also got a new motherboard and more ram so that helped. But Everything does go faster and I can do video rendering now and it not take 5000 years. So you will see a proformance boost...but mostly depending on what you do on your computer.
I like Soyo motherboards wink ... Their the only ones that I use anymore...
© UGN Security Forum