UGN Security
Posted By: Smurf Question? - 04/08/06 03:26 PM
I don't know if this really belongs in the newbie section or anything but here goes: How do you get around the internet blocks on a network? Such as a school or library or whatever. I've checked out several sites on possible ways such as sites and everything but the only sites I've found are either not working at this current time or are already blocked by websense. Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Question? - 04/08/06 08:27 PM
proxies generally will allow you to avert some blocks; but it can be a pain to find some as some content filters just filter by keyword (including "proxy")
Posted By: Smurf Re: Question? - 04/09/06 07:14 PM
that's the problem, they've blocked anything that has proxy avoidance as a keyword and thus, there's not much of a way to get around it. I really can't figure this one out without hacking into the system...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Question? - 04/09/06 09:42 PM
you, hack, heh, yeh ok wink ...

Find proxies at home, then try them at school; if they're filtering the keyword "proxy" you'll find it impossible to find proxies at school lol...
Posted By: Smurf Re: Question? - 04/14/06 04:28 PM
I do hack so :p Wound up getting my own admin name on the server because of it last year, that was fun. That might work though.. I'll have to give it a try
Posted By: KillHour Re: Question? - 04/14/06 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Smurf:
Wound up getting my own admin name on the server because of it last year, that was fun.
Yeah, it'll also get your [censored] thrown into jail.
Posted By: HighLander Re: Question? - 04/15/06 09:29 PM
You can steal an Admin account on your schools server, but can't figure out how to get around a firewall hrmmm
Posted By: Defcon Re: Question? - 04/15/06 11:59 PM
prolly old [censored] NT servers and the "GetAdmin" exploit, or as usual a lame [censored] admin password. Hell some people even forget about the local "Administrator" account on some machines, usually only shows up if you boot into safe mode. Either method is not hacking. Its called taking advantage of a lazy admin.

As for being thrown in jail. very unlikely. Suspension/expulsion and some kind of probation maybe, but no jail time for just stealing admin. Funneling the budget into a private ofshore account though will.
Posted By: sinetific Re: Question? - 05/09/06 01:50 AM
The answer is:

Set up your own proxy on a high port.

My guess is that this school's filtering system isn't very advanced. Probably just a proxy server w/ a firewall to block certian types of outgoing traffic. and the traffic they block is probably all through port number. It is possible to block traffic at the packet level by it's header but I know they aren't doing that. My guess is if you set up a proxy on a high port like 65500 it will be unfiltered. If it is, I would check to see what other services besides http, port 80, that they allow out. place your proxy on this port and you will be all set.
© UGN Security Forum