UGN Security
Posted By: Dood Very New - 11/09/02 03:14 PM
Hi i'm very new, well actually i no nothing cept few things from serching the web. My mate and me r totally into computers and we wanted to do something new so i we've decided to become hackers. I have decided to go in the direction of learning about UNIX and that stuff while also learning Delphi, because my dad said that was a quite easy language to learn in proportion with others like Java and in about 5 months when i have hopefully learnt a lot about Delphi i with try and learn 1 language at a time, although i already no HTML and i bit of java script. My friend is just going to learn Java and c and other languages. I have heard about the idea of getting a UNIX shell to help me understand things better so i was wondering if somebody could tell me how to get a UNIX shell, thanxs
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Very New - 11/09/02 05:14 PM
Search google for "Free Shell" you'll find a few.

I'd go with learning PHP/Perl/C++ myself.
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: Very New - 11/09/02 06:45 PM
you'd really go with C++ if you were a beginner? I dunno maybe your just way smarter than me Giz but i think C++ is a hard first language to learn,
"although i already no HTML"
i dont mean to burst your bubble but as you might already no HTML barely qualifies as a language
Posted By: unreal Re: Very New - 11/09/02 07:06 PM
Know, damnit.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Very New - 11/09/02 08:50 PM
unreal notices the little things heh.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Very New - 11/09/02 09:17 PM
Back in the day all anybody had to learn for their first language was [censored] like assembler, fortran, or cobol or whatever. Who cares, I'm tired of recommending first languages. Just learn whatever language which suits your needs. If you want to code for linux, VB is not for you. If all you want to do is make web applications, then maybe perl or java is for you.
Posted By: CryptoKnight Re: Very New - 11/10/02 04:49 PM
hahaha, unreal
i was wondering if he was just making fun of him or just dint no how to spell no laugh
Posted By: Curse Re: Very New - 11/11/02 06:56 AM
Know, damnit...
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Very New - 11/11/02 08:24 AM
hey SR i thought "cobol" was a OS in the Third Generation of Computers. Hmm weird

Anyway i'd suggest you start with perl, even though it's maybe hard but if you learn it's a damn great lang. PHP would be awesome too.

bp
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Very New - 11/11/02 03:36 PM
You thought huh? Well, stop thinking and showing your ignorance and except the fact that cobol is a language. Next time you think I might be wrong look it up on google before you open your mouth.

here, let me give ya a kick in the pants:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=cobol+programming
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=cobol+operating+system
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Very New - 11/11/02 03:44 PM
Yes I would have a newb learn C++ as a beginner. Think of it like this, if you have the dedication to learn something hard, you'll certainly have the dedication to learn something easy!
Posted By: Dood Re: Very New - 11/11/02 08:37 PM
cheers for the help on the shell accounts

and although u all hav yur own oppinions on languages and stuff and ur oppinions may be right,i think i just keep with wat i decided in the first place and go with my preferences
© UGN Security Forum