UGN Security
I'm a student in the IT field. After going through school a lil I've realized I'd rather just get a book and learn what I want to know on my own instead of getting myself in debt with student loans and putting up with non teaching classes and curriculum. So now that my thirst for Computer Science knowledge (creating)has grown I want to get into programming (which will be a good combo with my IT/Security schooling.) I want to start off with C++ then Java. So what book would really be a good indepth-starting from the basics to advanced-book?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Flowbe1
I guess thats what I get for posting a question you've guys probably already answered a billion times....sorry I kinda posted this before I actually ready some topics in this forum on the "SAME QUESTION"

DAMN FLOWBE!
Quote:
Originally posted by Flowbe1:
I guess thats what I get for posting a question you've guys probably already answered a billion times....sorry I kinda posted this before I actually ready some topics in this forum on the "SAME QUESTION"

DAMN FLOWBE!
Hey, I kinda like you.
Flowbe... maybe you should strat off with java and then move up to c++ since I have heard it's easier that way... but that's just my opinion and I'm a newbie so get more opinions before you try mines.
Flowbe... maybe you should strat off with java and then move up to c++ since I have heard it's easier that way... but that's just my opinion and I'm a newbie so get more opinions before you try mines.

I googled C++ books and this is what i got:

Good C++ Books

I'm frequently asked what good C++ books I know. Here's a list of the ones I consider to be from "truly essential" to "very useful" to any C++ programmer.

Disclaimer: Yes, they are all published by Addison-Wesley, no, I do not work for them nor have any kind of relationship with them.

* The C++ Programming Language (3rd Edition). Bjarne Stroustrup, ISBN : 0201889544.
* C++ Primer (3rd Edition) Stanley B. Lippman, Jos�e LaJoie, ISBN 0201824701.
* Effective C++ (2nd Edition). Scott Meyers, ISBN 0201924889.
* More Effective C++. Scott Meyers, ISBN 020163371X.
* Generic Programming and the STL. Matt Austern, ISBN 0201309564.
* The C++ Standard Library : A Tutorial and Reference. Nicolai M. Josuttis. ISBN 0201379260.
* C++ FAQs, 2nd edition. Marshall Cline, Greg Lomow, Mike Girou, ISBN 0201309831.

Not strictly C++, but very essential nonetheless :

* Design Patterns. Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides, ISBN 0201633612.

And if you're doing CORBA :
* Advanced CORBA Programming with C++. Michi Henning, Steve Vinoski, ISBN 0201379279.

Guillaume Laurent
Last modified: Thu Sep 12 23:10:46 CEST 2002

found this @: http://www.telegraph-road.org/books.html
cubeex, you just made three posts, one of which had useful information, to a thread from May, 2004.
Ok I'll keep that in mind... Can you delete the ones that aren't useful?
© UGN Security Forum