UGN Security
Posted By: Dartur Anyone know of.... - 03/04/02 09:35 AM
Anyone know of any good introduction to the new functions in Visual Basic that comes with Visual Studio... (VB 7.0)
It's quite different from 6.0..

?

smile
Posted By: GeneX Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/04/02 12:26 PM
MSDN
Posted By: Kryptic Codez Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/04/02 01:47 PM
VB.NET is closer to Java then VB6..which makes me feel like it is really just warmed over C#. VB.NET can be considered a true object oriented language now though, unlike the previous incarnations of VB.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/04/02 02:10 PM
Ask Neo or SilentRage when they sign back up, their both fairly good VB programmers.
Posted By: Dartur Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/04/02 09:29 PM
Yeah.. I will...

and Genex, I have the entire MSDN db downloaded... that's just beautiful words about how good their prog is.. not any real facts in what you acctually can do with the newly added functions... smile
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/04/02 09:57 PM
I'm afraid I don't know. All my experience applies to VB 6.0. And I will never learn 7.0 if I can help it. smile Only cause I'm switching over to C.
Posted By: GeneX Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/05/02 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dartur:
Yeah.. I will...

and Genex, I have the entire MSDN db downloaded... that's just beautiful words about how good their prog is.. not any real facts in what you acctually can do with the newly added functions... smile

Why do you download gigs of stuff if you don't even read it? wink
Try this link: MSDN VB runtime and language reference . Under that link you will find section VB.NET functions.
There is also methods, attributes, directives, objects, operators and so on ...

And believe me when I say, there is all what you need to know about vb.net
Posted By: Dartur Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/05/02 12:50 PM
I don't want to have all functions.. I just want the newly added functions listed.. (the ones added in 7.0) If you find a way to extract all those functions from the database please let me know.. Else if anyone has any idea of any other site that has summarized these things.

btw, I did't download the entire db... just the upgrade.. I got most of it from cd's from one of my friends fake-companies... wink
Posted By: ninjaneo Re: Anyone know of.... - 03/08/02 12:50 AM
Once Vb.net is released to public I will buy a book on it. Right now you can check out Vb.net's framework on Msdn.microsoft.com, It is a completley new language. It looks very cool and powerfull. Your suppose to be able to convert vb.net (vb7) to c# (c++ 7) and stuff like that. Its gonne be like a script but it will still have the Nice interface and will still be OOB (Object Orianted Programing). smile
© UGN Security Forum