UGN Security
Posted By: xacex Movie: Alien vs. Predator - 08/15/04 01:54 PM
Movie: Alien vs. Predator
Rating: 3/5
Review:
+ The temple effects were good. I liked how the temple changed layouts every ten minutes. It would make a good Halo map.
+ the Alien/Predator fight scenes were pretty good as well. Very fast paced like you'd think they would be.

- the gross out factor was not included as per the usual Alien movies. There was not enough sludge and slime and gross stuff to make it a true sequel to those movies.
- there was absolutely no gore in the this movie. And scenes where you thought there would/should have been, they changed camera shots and don't show anything. PG-13? What were they thinking?
- the plotline - decent up until the last Predator and the last human alive team up against the aliens. That's ridiculous beyond words.I thought the predator and the girl were going to have a massive hug session at many different points of the movie.
- the ending. oh man. OH MAN. Come on. I won't ruin it, but honestly.

I give it a - decent grade - 2.5/3. But it's hardly worth being in the same categories as the Aliens or Predators.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Movie: Alien vs. Predator - 08/15/04 02:01 PM
I hope it lived up to the video games... Your review is just about right in accordance to IMDB wink ...

I'm still curious who wins... I don't really want to pay to find out lol
Posted By: xacex Re: Movie: Alien vs. Predator - 08/15/04 02:08 PM
Honestly, just wait until a friend rents it - so you don't have to pay to see it.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Movie: Alien vs. Predator - 08/16/04 02:40 AM
Nah, I'll wait till it's on the movie channels; don't have any problem with that one wink ...
Posted By: jonconley Re: Movie: Alien vs. Predator - 08/16/04 01:04 PM
I liked it. It fulfills what Alien and Predator were pretty much about, with a nice storyline. Sure, the logic is missing, but its a damn action sci-fi. Not a thinking movie.

I thought the fight scenes were pretty tight too. Just got down to the [censored] kicking. More like Bourne Identity instead of Matrix. NO excessively long battles and overusage of slo-mo.

Special effects were pretty impressive also. Some parts got a little cheesy, but seems light years ahead of both the Alien and Predator movies.
© UGN Security Forum