UGN Security
Posted By: xero which bbs - 01/24/03 05:51 AM
I'm trying to get a forum going at my site, and I'm trying to decide which bbs to use, anyone have any suggestions? any personal experiences with like phpbb, ikonboard, yabb, etc? any input would be helpful. thanks
Posted By: windead Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 05:58 AM
well, you could use UBB. its what this board is,
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 06:02 AM
lol you posted this.
Posted By: xero Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 06:04 AM
Quote:
well, you could use UBB. its what this board is,
its not free =/
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 08:19 AM
I recommend either Invisionboard of phpBB. Both are free, easy, and have decent features. Invision board just has more, depends on how much you want. Both are php and mySql based I think.

I don't really like yabb or ubb. They have alot of extra stuff I wouldn't bother with. But I am sure they have alot more control in the admin area. I just prefer "lighter" boards.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 08:42 AM
Hi xero

Well my recommandation to you would be: vBulletin but since it's not free either then you'd better go for what CS told you, IB is great, phpBB too, iconboard sux. But still if i was you i'd start with phpBB coz i have a "bad" history with IB.

Anyway it's your choice.

bp
Posted By: pergesu Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 01:17 PM
I've used all the major PHP boards in the past. YaBB, Invision, phpBB, a couple others that I can't think of. They're all to fluffy, all too haven, like CS's beef with UBB. But UBB is way lighter than IB or phpBB. So if you're looking at PHP boards, I'd say go with UBB. I have another one you can look at at my site: http://www.javaspot.net/ubb/ubbthreads.php

If you're interested in a servlet based bb, I'll be offering something soon...
Posted By: xero Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 02:37 PM
yeah i like UBB too, vbulletin i havent tried, but looks good, but both of these (which i would prefre) i have to buy... cant afford the X hundred dollars they charge
Posted By: jonconley Re: which bbs - 01/24/03 04:06 PM
The best boards I see are almost always UBB, vBulleting, or Invision. In that order.

I also do not want to get this subject off subject, but what about CMS? Anyone familiar with Edge by Box Network? Any other suggestions?
© UGN Security Forum