UGN Security
Posted By: Cold Sunn refresh demo test - 07/25/02 05:08 AM
http://www16.brinkster.com/refreshdemo/

there's the url. criticism, suggestions, any problems, all that. I just want to make sure it is as good as it will get before i finish the site and all that. any of that^ is appreciated.
Posted By: Scallion Re: refresh demo test - 07/26/02 02:41 PM
At first glimpse, the site looked a bit crowded with all the borders around the text at the top (refresh, layout, demoset) but that cleared in a few seconds as I took a *good* look at it.

Pretty innovative design, if you ask me. I liked the use of I-Frames with the content.

The only thing I would change is the large refresh image. It was unclear what it was at first, but maybe if you antialias the edges of the arrows, it'll become more clear.

Beyond that, I'd give your site high praise for finding a mostly unused design that I've never seen before!
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: refresh demo test - 07/27/02 09:21 AM
lol well thanks for the compliments and critique. The refresh image in the element that has gotten the most "I would changes" and normally after that much I would change it. I still might change it, but probably not because the entire layout was built around it. I considered making a version of it that was smooth and nonpixelated, but I liked this one. I try to put look and uniqueness in front of functionality. i would rather have to figure a little bit out on a cool looking site, than go to a plain site. I don't mean that mine is all leet and ownz j00 but i would rather it look cool and take awhile to get.

I might change the inside of the refresh image, adding something blurry and complex, with lighting and shadows. But probably not.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: refresh demo test - 07/31/02 10:16 AM
very good work there, i like the whole look of it,but yeah the image could use some work, and your skinbase link is broken :p
Posted By: xero Re: refresh demo test - 08/01/02 10:53 PM
wow i like it...i think that refresh button pic is cool, it looks good pixelated like that, its abstract.
© UGN Security Forum