UGN Security
Posted By: SilentRage Everybody read this! - 05/18/03 10:44 AM
I want to check out the compatibility for a spiffy style attribute I've discovered. It's called 'filter' and the value I'm using is 'glow'. So would everybody kindly go to the below link and tell me if the CSS version matches up with what I see in IE6. If it does NOT match up, I would like to see a screenshot of it. If you don't know how to make a screenshot and show me, then just say that it looks different and the browser and version you use.

http://serialcoders.sytes.net/glow.html

(PS. try to highlight the serialcoders text in the CSS version. It's pretty cool)
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Everybody read this! - 05/18/03 05:10 PM
Well, it looks ok in IE 5.0, nice attribute.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Everybody read this! - 05/18/03 10:07 PM
I'm finding that a heck of a lot of browsers don't support it. Give it up to IE, the leading browser when it comes to supporting CSS.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Everybody read this! - 05/19/03 04:39 AM
IE 5.5 on windows 2k is good. My netscape is acting up.. I will check Netscape and pheonix for you. IE dose lead in supporting CSS I have found. The YaBB boards use this same attribute for glowing text. I found IE was one of the few that dissplayed the board the way it should be.
Posted By: Gollum Re: Everybody read this! - 05/19/03 04:39 AM
my browser doesn't support it. just black text. i use: Opera Version 7.03 Build 2670
but filter/glow support or not, i'm not givig up my mouse guestures and opera's quickness, heh.//
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Everybody read this! - 05/19/03 12:27 PM
All mozilla based browsers don't support it. Thank you for letting me know Opera doesn't support it. I am still interested in seeing if the latest netscape supports it.
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Everybody read this! - 05/19/03 02:38 PM
Well, I got Netscape 7.01 and it doesn't work. The latest version, I think it's version 7.02, but i doubt that it will support CSS filters ...
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Everybody read this! - 05/22/03 07:06 PM
Gollum- Avant Browser has mouse-gestures and basically works like whatever IE version you have. It started pissing me off though so I use IE again.

It looks like it should for me, except a little bolder than the screenshot image. Maybe it's cause I have Clear Type on or whatever. But I'm using IE 6 so it doesn't matter.
© UGN Security Forum